News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

Fitted my newly recovered seat.
I had it done by Grizzley Adams. He did the work and returned it to me for the grand total of £65..Bargain!
I've fitted two covers myself in the past, but they kept splitting where the seat met the tank at the front. He's repaired the damaged foam, so it shouldn't happen again.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

KiwiCol

Balanced the throttle bodies while I have her in 'maintenance mode'

Bit of a fiddly job but easy one.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mick_J

Quote from: froudy on Friday, 21 June  2019, 09:39 PM
Fitted my newly recovered seat.
I had it done by Grizzley Adams. He did the work and returned it to me for the grand total of £65..Bargain!
I've fitted two covers myself in the past, but they kept splitting where the seat met the tank at the front. He's repaired the damaged foam, so it shouldn't happen again.

Do you have his address froudy?
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Bloody nice seat Froudy. Has given me an idea. Mine very sim but a bubble has developed at rear of first section. Will get a GSX14 panel fitted same as yours. Thanks for the help.  :hat:

Masterbates

Well, the CB500F sold today, so now I have money and a little bit more space! :boogie:

So I pulled the tank off the GSX and fitted the Smart Moto PAIRS delete kit. I was also going to fit my Denali Soundbomb Mini in under the tank like V_i_c_i did, only to come to understand just how little room is under there and just how not mini the Soundbomb really is...   :confused1:
The horn might have to wait until I decide to pull the bike down further, right now I am riding it pretty much daily and enjoying riding it too much.

Speedy1959

I "reacquired" Sophie today..
I 100% definitely did the right thing..
I forgot just how bloody good these bikes are!

Shes now back home and sitting there rather pretty.. What do you think ?

Bob

seth

Now @Speedy1959 you look after her this time and go to the naughty step for selling her in the first place.
Looks good though I always liked the red wheels and live how she sounds .
@Bob you now better get your head down and get your other gsx1400 sorted .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Speedy1959

Thank you Seth..
You have always been very supportive right from way back when I first joined this forum..
Thank you for your past advice and for future advice..

S

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Andre

Speedy1959

Bob pointed out to me that the centre exhaust clamp bolts that hold the headers to the collector box have corroded and snapped..
The actual collector box seems solid enough..
I gather the clamps are welded on, so that means i cant just replace with some decent stainless clamp bolts..

Oh and is likely to cause an MOT FAIL ?

KiwiCol

Down this way, I doubt that'd be an issue.  As long as the exhaust isn't leaking at the joint, should be all good.  Up your way though, with jobsworth inspectors, who knows? 
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Andre

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk