News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

The Winter salt has started now, so yesterday mine got a good wash down and dose of ACF50 all ready to get it dirty again tonight on my commute to work.
It's a never ending job keeping it clean and tidy in this weather :furious:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Gegs

Somewhere on here I saw a mod for opening up the breather hole in the neck of the fuel filler insert to allow for quicker filling. In that mod the breather hole was just under the lip but in the 06 model it's on the flat, outside the insert and vertical under the filler cap. Has anyone modified/opened out this on an 06 model? I've not had the tank off so I'm not sure whether this is just a breather 'hole' that can be drilled out to be a couple of millimetres larger in diameter or whether it's a tube that extends down slightly. Anyone have any experience with this? It's be nice to get the tank full without drip feeding the last couple of litres.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Gegs on Monday, 26 November  2018, 07:00 PM
Somewhere on here I saw a mod for opening up the breather hole in the neck of the fuel filler insert to allow for quicker filling. In that mod the breather hole was just under the lip but in the 06 model it's on the flat, outside the insert and vertical under the filler cap. Has anyone modified/opened out this on an 06 model? I've not had the tank off so I'm not sure whether this is just a breather 'hole' that can be drilled out to be a couple of millimetres larger in diameter or whether it's a tube that extends down slightly. Anyone have any experience with this? It's be nice to get the tank full without drip feeding the last couple of litres.

Mines an 07.

Small hole high on the right hand side.

DONT drill it. I used a bent 6" nail to enlarge it a bit then punched it out bigger with a large old philips screw driver.

Others have said "I can't see it in mine" but it's there on every 14 I've seen. Just hard to see as it's high and under the lip, Hense why I started off enlarging it with the bent 6" nail.

You can just see it in my pic...

http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=2982.msg48168#new

mlivkovich

Great and easy mod to do. Now it's even rust-free on my tank :smoke:

Hooli

Quote from: Gegs on Monday, 26 November  2018, 07:00 PM

No that hole outside the filler but under the filler cap is the overflow that leads to the drainpipe under the bike.

seth

Hopefully that's the front of the bike painted so once dry I can put it back together with all the new bits   :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

KiwiCol

Like grandads axe, had it for years - 2 new heads & 4 new handles though . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 27 November  2018, 01:50 AM

"Triggers Broom"

Did you get the UK TV show Only Fools and Horses ?

There's an episode where trigger says how many years he's had the same council broom for.... and he's only ever changed the head and the handle....  !

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 27 November  2018, 03:41 AM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 27 November  2018, 01:50 AM

"Triggers Broom"

Did you get the UK TV show Only Fools and Horses ?

There's an episode where trigger says how many years he's had the same council broom for.... and he's only ever changed the head and the handle....  !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAh8HryVaeY
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Mick_J

I see you have a convenient toilet in the workshop Seth  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

seth

No toilet just a sink with cold water .
I have a water heater to fit to get hot water from it but we only rent here .
So untill we sell up and relocate it'll do lol.
:doh:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

sioux zookeeper

well take This Simon Pavey,on Saturday me an' t'Pricipal Squeeze got all 'Touratech'd up(can me say that on t'internet?)and took the  l  o  n  g  arduous journey of  ooh,  almost 4/15ths of a mile to the local market for fruit and something called 'veg'(chips? ketchup?) in the nuts-numbing perishing hecking-flip freezin' temperature(what else?) and today  another Suzuka ate- ours endurance feat of the    woah! nearly 2 miles to work(Simper-Homeson voice) "NnOOooo   anything but walking!")(and No,that's not a typo, it's s'posed to be waLking) in the completely usual for this time of absolutely any bloomin' day in the good old grey G of B what me with me leaky old 'squeaky  tight 'bulging at the seams' decades old wet- gear and ill fitting sou'-wester unwanted boner   but i ramble('no  poo!')
happy  holidays if you have them, enjoy the ridin'  if you don't   \../

"i'll get me (protective)coat"

Hooli

I had a quick bank holiday tuesday rideout this afternoon. The roads were cold & damp but it was nice to get out, it also reminded me I need to resolder the wire in the indicator so I can turn right...

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Hooli, an open face rider? Yesterday i gave away a Shoei full face, just never used it. Bloke was happy, Xmas and his face lit up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk