News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Irish in Oz

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 31 May  2023, 07:20 PMI have decided when I return to Oz I'm going to sell all my classic bikes and make a shit load of money.

I didn't buy any of mine as an investment, and in the past I've lost a lot of money buying and selling bikes, but prices have hiked here over the last 5 or 6 years.
I often look at GSXR11's or GSX1100's that are double or treble what I paid. Asking price isn't what they go for but I've been offered double what I paid for parts too. Prices are strong here for a seller.  It's not a bad time to be getting out. 

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Wednesday, 31 May  2023, 08:19 PM
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 31 May  2023, 07:20 PMI have decided when I return to Oz I'm going to sell all my classic bikes and make a shit load of money.

I didn't buy any of mine as an investment.

Neither did I, but you can't keep them for ever, I've decided to spend it all on other things one bike is enough, sorry two, one in Oz and one in Ireland.

hard road

when I picked up my 14 I rode it 75miles home and it was really bad in the corners  ???  so when i got home I checked the tyre pressure and both where down 10psi !!!!!! pumped them up and felt much better, but the front tyre was worn and squared off, so today had a new one fitted and its transformed the ride, bikes a joy to ride now  :grin:   

GSXKING

Quote from: hard road on Wednesday, 31 May  2023, 11:50 PMwhen I picked up my 14 I rode it 75miles home and it was really bad in the corners  ???  so when i got home I checked the tyre pressure and both where down 10psi !!!!!! pumped them up and felt much better, but the front tyre was worn and squared off, so today had a new one fitted and its transformed the ride, bikes a joy to ride now  :grin:   

It's a wonder you made it home 🙀🙀
Glad you did 🤞🤞 enjoy your bike 🥳
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

hard road

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 01 June  2023, 06:39 PM
Quote from: hard road on Wednesday, 31 May  2023, 11:50 PMwhen I picked up my 14 I rode it 75miles home and it was really bad in the corners  ???  so when i got home I checked the tyre pressure and both where down 10psi !!!!!! pumped them up and felt much better, but the front tyre was worn and squared off, so today had a new one fitted and its transformed the ride, bikes a joy to ride now  :grin:   

It's a wonder you made it home 🙀🙀
Glad you did 🤞🤞 enjoy your bike 🥳

it wasn't the best ride home but i knew it wasn't anything bad  :onya:

Hooli

I lead a small group of select fools around the Peak District today. Was a great day with lovely roads and several pubs to prevent dehydration.

Group pic, with the best bikes fore n aft

FB_IMG_1685917556546.jpg

Tony Nitrous

Going through my spare wheels to put onto a bike.

I have 2 spare pairs of rims, and both pairs have nice looking tyres with good tyre depth.

Just thought I'd check the dates / age of the tyres.

First pair.... 2014 and 2015.

Maybe I'll use the second pair?

Second pair.... 2009 and 2011. 

Dhooo ! 

Tony Nitrous

Bought a key surround for a 2008 B-King.

Many years ago a numb nut "Suzuki Mechanic" broke it during one of its early services (you need to turn them before lifting) and the sneaky f#ck glued it back on.  I've continued to do the same since I found out as Suzuki show No Stock or Not Available.

Trying to put a few things right on the bikes I suffered the price and got one sent over from Revzilla in the USA.

grog

Today mine just got a wash and a blow job. Lucky bike. Air blower much easier than chamois

IMG_0403.jpeg

KiwiCol

She looks lovely Grog. 

Mine got a wee ride, neighbours daughter turned 16 today, she got a scooter & her mum asked me if I'd show her how to ride it & give her some lessons sorta thing. Done ok, but very slow, 10 - 20Kph max, first time, so gotta take it easy to start with.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Cleaning, measuring, making lists.
(Still waiting on some stuff to turn up,
think I have found someone to pain the wheels)

Got a heap of parts ready to start on the B-King, then the 1400 is next in the queue.

Speedy1959

Blime what a workshop!!
Oh and your bikes are spot on as well Tony..
 :notworthy:

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Saturday, 10 June  2023, 05:58 PMBlime what a workshop!!

Thanks, I'm still moving and changing a few things. I've built a second shed that's identical, another high roof 8m x 9m.  That one has a dividing wall and will have a "dirty" area so I don't saw, weld, grind, degrease etc around the bikes. This one will be the "clean" shed then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk