News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish in Oz

I like panniers when going away on trips, been lucky enough not to have any incidents with them.

Mick_J

Bought a Triumph Tiger Sport six years ago that came with free panniers, I didn't have them fitted once I saw how wide it made the bike (4 feet).  Triumph had the panniers and the top box double skinned so it was mahoosive on the outside and miniscule on the inside, don't know if that's still the case with them.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Irish in Oz

The FJR is like that similar to a cooler box (esky). The Givi's I can fit 2 full face helmets in one side.

steve porter

Chain and sprockets, oil and filter and I fitted a tutoro chain oiler behind the right side cover

grog

Today did nothing on mine. Went to home brew shop, known owner for 30 yrs, didnt know he had bikes. I had a Ducati SS shirt on. He said, i have one of those. Got talking. His shed is 1978 SS, early S2, 900 Hailwood, 500 Pantah and parallel 500. Amazing how you run into people. Wants me to tune his dellortos, had about 15 yrs doing so put my hand up. Of course a test ride will be needed😂

steve porter

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 09 January  2021, 08:10 PM
Today did nothing on mine. Went to home brew shop, known owner for 30 yrs, didnt know he had bikes. I had a Ducati SS shirt on. He said, i have one of those. Got talking. His shed is 1978 SS, early S2, 900 Hailwood, 500 Pantah and parallel 500. Amazing how you run into people. Wants me to tune his dellortos, had about 15 yrs doing so put my hand up. Of course a test ride will be needed😂
Multiple test rides to make sure

Eric GSX1400K3

Extended runs to make sure, and a stay at your own garage to be closer to the toolbox me thinks..
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Eric GSX1400K3

Went for a sunset ride with the good lady wife on the back, had a beer in the sun overlooking the ocean, cruised back home through some nice twisties, bike ran sweet, we both enjoyed the ride,  couldnt ask for  more.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

GSX1400Convert

Took mine for a 2,800klm run last week to Balcie and back. Met some mates there :cheers: oh, and a bloke in a car with party lights on the top, he took 3 points off my license  :facepalm:

Oh, and got covered in fork oil from top adjuster area somewhere  :whatever:

Rained most of the way back to Brissy, bike is filthy now!
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Saturday, 09 January  2021, 10:34 PM
Went for a sunset ride with the good lady wife on the back, had a beer in the sun overlooking the ocean, cruised back home through some nice twisties, bike ran sweet, we both enjoyed the ride,  couldnt ask for  more.

Thats what summertime is all about Eric   :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

GSXKING

Quote from: GSX1400Convert on Monday, 11 January  2021, 01:55 PM
Took mine for a 2,800klm run last week to Balcie and back. Met some mates there :cheers: oh, and a bloke in a car with party lights on the top, he took 3 points off my license  :facepalm:

Oh, and got covered in fork oil from top adjuster area somewhere  :whatever:

Rained most of the way back to Brissy, bike is filthy now!

Those C....S with the Party lights know how to F...K your day up  :wife: :wife: :wife: :wife: :redcard: :redcard:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

GSX1400Convert

The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

steve porter

first ride with the new chain and sprockets, definite improvement so the old one must have been shagged, or at least well on it`s way to being so, adjusted the oil feed on the Tutoro oiler twice and it seems to be doing it`s job already.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk