News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

insane1400

Today I polished the downtubes a bit, removed the RH TRE cover and polished it, stuck the collector in vinegar, and cleaned up the headlight mount brackets and the triangle shaped things and painted them. Also baked the centrestand.

Eric GSX1400K3

So last time i balanced the throttle bodies, reset the TPS and STPS, plus adjusted the secondary actuators  as i had (different ohm readings left to right) and also adjusted fast idle, as i was getting fast idle at 3500rpm, bit too high i think.  I also did the tank breather mod allowing faster tank fill and squeezing a bit more fuel into the tank. 

Finally had a chance to go for a decent ride.  Tank filled to the brim.  Rode until both the fuel icon and the last fuel bar was flashing, refuelled and managed to get 22.5L in.  344km out of a tank, so thats 6.5L/100km (6.478 to be precise). Not too bad for an 18yo lump of 1402 i reckon.

Engine runs sweet as, no more F1 codes. 
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Eric, maybe mine runs a bit lean, never worried me or bike. Runs perfectly, revs cleanly to 7g. Always averaged 18k/litre. 5.5l per 100. 51mpg. On your 22,5 i wouldve gone 405ks. Thats average figures, on a long highway run, 120kph,with tank hole expanded 23l will go in, reckon 425. Has always amazed me, i never spare the throttle.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 20 June  2020, 05:48 PM
Eric, maybe mine runs a bit lean, never worried me or bike. Runs perfectly, revs cleanly to 7g. Always averaged 18k/litre. 5.5l per 100. 51mpg. On your 22,5 i wouldve gone 405ks. Thats average figures, on a long highway run, 120kph,with tank hole expanded 23l will go in, reckon 425. Has always amazed me, i never spare the throttle.

Cool, yes it was not quite empty, and i was on the fwy at night, not sure how far from the next fuel station. Thought that with the tank breather I'd get a bit more in, but if 23l is it, then i had 540ml left in the tank.  Mine too revs clean all the way, very happy with balance and set up.

5.5l/100km is great going.  Agree its great ecomony from that engine.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Yeah mate, not sure how they get 24litres in, i cant.My old 4 valve gsx1100 was far more powerful than gs1000 had at same time, always gsx used way less fuel. Technology i guess.

Eric GSX1400K3

Following my late night ride, i noticed steering was a bit twitchy, ive never adjusted them since ive owned the bike, so need to check.  Ive also ordered a head stem tapered bearing set, as i believe mines still got the oem ball bearings in it.  Means that only still need to check / replace swing arm bearings, both front and rear wheels are already done.

grog

T250

Balanced throttle bodies again this time using a Morgan Carb Tune, a fair bit more accurate than my old vacuum dials, but I took the the little thumb wheel adjuster/restricter off my old guages and used them instead of the restricter that comes with the Morgan - it allows for a more accurate set up with the engine pulses etc, set TPS and STPS taking voltage measurements this time, went for a spin and all super smooth  :onya:

insane1400

I got my frame back from the painter on Friday afternoon, so reconstruction started Saturday.  We got the engine, swingarm and undertray in and then I started stuffing around with the wiring to get it all back into place.
Today i wrapped all the wiring with split braided wrap which i think looks great, I got the fuel injection and pod filters on and then cleaned up the RH footpeg and rear brake and got them on too.

Hooli

I've been asked/offered to do the fork seals on a friend's K5 so I need the later tool. I can't find the dimensions, even when looking in the downloads. I've got an idea from memory that's four prongs at 35mm diameter? Can anyone confirm that?

Tally

@Hooli , go to suspensions section on the tech page and look for cartridge tool for k5 I think all the info you need is there , hope this helps.

seth

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

T 24

Changed oil & filter again. I'll do it after every 5000km, easy to remember.
145 000km now and no oil consumption during 5000km :smile2:

Notty

Bought some bling - shopping on line is my only pleasure until lockdown ends !!   :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk