News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

froudy

I walked past mine a couple of times in the shed today. Not ridden since mid August now due to my rapidly worsening arthritis. When it's cold and raining I don't miss riding at all until I'm stuck in a traffic jam on the M4 and just want to get home....
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

DP1400

Not working, wife working, dry(ish) roads, sun and 9 degrees, a no brainer, instead of looking at it sulking in the garage I took my beloved `14 for a short blast along my favourite local Kent `A` road, only 15 miles in total but Wow, great to be out again despite the flooded stretches of blacktop.........arrived home after 20 mins and spent 2hrs washing and polishing her  :rolleyes:, well worth it though - its what a good `14 does to you.

Merry Christmas everyone, and a very Happy & safe 2020 :cheers:

mlivkovich

Happy new year! I was bored on the first day of the year so I started fitting new gsxr fender on my bike, hope you like it :cheers:

KiwiCol

It does fit up nice, but colour?  Can't leave it like that surely.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

mlivkovich

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 02 January  2020, 05:51 PM
It does fit up nice, but colour?  Can't leave it like that surely.

Haha it won't be white for sure!
I don't want my bike to be slower being B/W  :stir:

Hooli

I replaced all the vacuum pipes to the MAP sensor. They split in three more places as I took them apart, so well overdue for the job. It's now running properly smooth again and should been back to it's normal MPG rather than about 50% worse as it'd been lately.

seth

@Hooli 5hey make a massive difference to the running as we found out when emma's bike got these pipes moused a couple years ago .
😎
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Yup, they effectively control the mixture at low throttle openings.

gmars70970

New (to me) Bagster tank cover and two tank bags all bought, hopefully get good use out them in the better weather 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

MarkN

Changed the oil and filter on the 1200 Bandit and then booked places to stay in Brittany, which is our 1400 trip destination this year. Bloody cold doing the oil change - perhaps I should've just thought about it  :whatever:

Eric GSX1400K3

Replaced all vacuum lines and t piece fittings, and also redid the pairs blockoff hoses. Was well overdue, two lines came apart when  removing them, rubber was well perished. What a difference!! Went for a quick blat, much smoother down low. Need to resync throttle bodies now and readjust tps and stps once thats done.

Also my C28 error code didnt cone back either. Time well spent me thinks....
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

I got some nearly new tyres fitted. Someone didn't like Metezler Roadtecs & took them off after 250miles, bargain at £50 the pair plus getting them fitted.

Speaking of saving money, who needs paddock stands anyway? The bricks etc are only because my trolley jack sinks under load & the bike sometimes slips on the stands at that point.

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk