News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 16 December  2019, 11:16 PM
I broke a winter habit & washed mine. Waxed it after & recoated in ACF-50. Can you tell which is before & after?

(I only did it for @gsxbarmy really as I know he's getting a bit old so we need to be nice to him.

Hahaha thank you Andy

Must say for the mileage its done and its age, it shines up really quite well  :onya: :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

seth

[/quote]

Hahaha thank you Andy

Must say for the mileage its done and its age, it shines up really quite well  :onya: :onya:
[/quote]

Bit like the owner (sorry @Hooli I couldn't resist)  :facepalm: :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Tuesday, 17 December  2019, 08:36 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 16 December  2019, 11:16 PM
I broke a winter habit & washed mine. Waxed it after & recoated in ACF-50. Can you tell which is before & after?

(I only did it for @gsxbarmy really as I know he's getting a bit old so we need to be nice to him.

Hahaha thank you Andy

Worst bit is the wheels to be honest, a leaky rear caliper the other year ruined the paint at the back & I can't recall what is splattered over the front but it's probably grease from the old wheel bearings before they got changed.

Hooli

I somehow got myself talked into taking part in a toy run to Barnsley hospital tonight, which might have had a lot to do with the cute 21 year old blonde lass who needed a pillion for it as her bikes are off the road...

Anyway, it was rather funny having her dressed as an Elf on the back shouting & swearing at idiots cars trying to force their way through while we were one of the blockers for the run. You get a glimpse of us about 2/3rds of the way through this vid on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/BarnsleyHospitalCharity/videos/2418782135117318/UzpfSTEwMDAwMzc0NzUxMjQ3MzpWSzo0ODAzODM3NDU5MzQ2NzQ/

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Well done Hooli. My mate moved down to Tasmania this year, went to their toy run, 8000 bikes. Lucky to get a few hundred here. My foot got all clear today, boots on😂, back to normal.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Sweaty

Yesterday's Day 2 update in picture format :rolleyes:
(Snapey & Irish will love it)

The good

Sweaty

Sweaty

Sweaty

Sweaty

Sweaty

Sweaty

This Shad rack will be the death of me.
It is a hell of a lot easier to be riding with Snapey & Irish, as Snapey does the fixing & Irish does the carrying (some might remember another ride down here) I had to do a MacGyver with what I had. Lucky I learnt something from Snapey & packed fresh tape, cable ties & used the Allen keys from the tool kit to basically splint it together, to get me to my final destination & get it repaired.

Sweaty

Day 3 and 1736kms later. Great day, but a little warm  ;). Was 38 degrees C (100 f) when I pulled in for lunch at Tumut 😅
Now settled in at Cooma with a sore arse (yes, from riding) and a little worn out, but loving it  :cheers:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk