Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

I can't see an issue with just replacing them with bolt on ones. Just tidy up the old welds so if you're worried about it.

Hooli

I didn't think I'd been using my 14 enough so I went to Reeth, North Yorks for sunday lunch & came home the long way via Tan Hill. It must be summer as I took my jacket off to sit by the fire in the Tan Hill Inn.

Oh & the last pic happening means three things -

1) I've done 4,032miles since 30th April
b) I've done 14,032miles since this day last year
iii) It needs a service, again

froudy

Quote from: mjgt on Saturday, 22 June  2019, 06:14 PM
Quote from: froudy on Friday, 21 June  2019, 09:39 PM
Fitted my newly recovered seat.
I had it done by Grizzley Adams. He did the work and returned it to me for the grand total of £65..Bargain!
I've fitted two covers myself in the past, but they kept splitting where the seat met the tank at the front. He's repaired the damaged foam, so it shouldn't happen again.

Do you have his address froudy?

Contact him via Facebook messenger and he'll sort you out👍
I'm away in Cornwall for the week with no laptop and limited net access so difficult to sort details..sorry.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Mick_J

Quote from: froudy on Monday, 24 June  2019, 08:09 AM
Quote from: mjgt on Saturday, 22 June  2019, 06:14 PM
Quote from: froudy on Friday, 21 June  2019, 09:39 PM
Fitted my newly recovered seat.
I had it done by Grizzley Adams. He did the work and returned it to me for the grand total of £65..Bargain!
I've fitted two covers myself in the past, but they kept splitting where the seat met the tank at the front. He's repaired the damaged foam, so it shouldn't happen again.

Do you have his address froudy?

Contact him via Facebook messenger and he'll sort you out👍
I'm away in Cornwall for the week with no laptop and limited net access so difficult to sort details..sorry.

Thanks mate but I don't do facefuck.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Mick_J

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 24 June  2019, 12:49 AM
Bob pointed out to me that the centre exhaust clamp bolts that hold the headers to the collector box have corroded and snapped..
The actual collector box seems solid enough..
I gather the clamps are welded on, so that means i cant just replace with some decent stainless clamp bolts..

Oh and is likely to cause an MOT FAIL ?

As long as the pipe is not leaking you should be okay for the mot.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Del

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 24 June  2019, 07:13 PM
Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 24 June  2019, 12:49 AM
Bob pointed out to me that the centre exhaust clamp bolts that hold the headers to the collector box have corroded and snapped..
The actual collector box seems solid enough..
I gather the clamps are welded on, so that means i cant just replace with some decent stainless clamp bolts..

Oh and is likely to cause an MOT FAIL ?

As long as the pipe is not leaking you should be okay for the mot.

Agreed
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Hooli

132k service done tonight. I took the cam cover off to sort a slight oil weep & checked the clearances while I was in there, still identical to when I first looked at 15k. I balanced the throttles too, so she's nice n smooth again.

Donatello

I installed my 2nd hand akra system but I'm not to pleased by the spring location of the inner two tubes. Maybe you guys could shed some light on how the orientation has to be on the inner tubes, I can't find an install manual online sadly.

northern

@Donatello
Mate, seem's you assembly it little bit wrong way - the thick alu plate, what press header to engine have to be rotated:

• outer - spring hole up
  • inner - spring hole down
From the picture, it looks you put them opposite way.

there are pictures I made previously, but you should see, what I meant.

GSXKING

getting frustrated trying to remove the goddam regulator/rectifier it's in a shitty spot.  :furious: :furious: :furious:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Andre

@GSXKING  I was fretting to do the rectifier job but then surprised of the relative ease.

I put the bike on its sidestand and looked through the side frame triangle to place the tools (good lighting helps). Maybe I have the advantage of long arms :whatever:

:cheers:

Donatello

Quote from: northern on Monday, 01 July  2019, 05:50 PM
@Donatello
Mate, seem's you assembly it little bit wrong way - the thick alu plate, what press header to engine have to be rotated:
From the picture, it looks you put them opposite way.

there are pictures I made previously, but you should see, what I meant.

I tried it that way also but even then it's hitting the frame. I managed to swap out the inner two tubes so the springs are on the other side now.

Hooli

Quote from: GSXKING on Monday, 01 July  2019, 09:08 PM
getting frustrated trying to remove the goddam regulator/rectifier it's in a shitty spot.  :furious: :furious: :furious:

The offical way is to remove all the rear bodywork off the bike to get to it.

I found that grabbing it & giving a good twist broke the original rivets so it fell out, it must have been near falling off tbh. I think just managed to get a couple of small nuts n bolts in to refit it.

Andre

The rivets on mine are slightly loose. So something on the to do list.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk