News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweaty

Well, it's been 35-39 degrees C (102 f) for about 2 weeks now, and it was time to clean my bike after my big ride. So I needed to be smart about it  :smile2:

(The cool change finally came yesterday for a few days  :P)

Sweaty

Then an early ride the next morning till midday only (as it's bloody hot) with a good group of guys.

Mister Fishfinger

I found some new (to me) roads today. No pics, but I had a lovely time and there wasn't much traffic about (for a change). Even though it was only about 7 degrees the weather was quite nice if you were wrapped up well against it. I managed about 2.5 hours before my fingertips had had enough. I guess I should look into heated grips really.

Mick_J

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 07 January  2019, 04:49 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 07 January  2019, 02:32 AM
I did a little 190mile ride out around Yorkshire to see some standing stones, it was almost warm out there. Very odd.

The pic is the Rudston Monolith, the highest standing stone in the UK at about 25ft.

25'?  What about Stone Henge then? is that not taller than 25'?  If not, it's been way over represented in the advertising.  Just recently learned there were quite a few "Stone Henges" throughout the UK.  For years I thought there was only that 1 & it was massive, now I find there are lots of them & not as tall as I'd thought.

I think the biggest one is at Avebury, and you can walk around it and touch the stones if that's your thing, there's even a pub and I think it's within the circle.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 07 January  2019, 04:49 AM
I did a little 190mile ride out around Yorkshire to see some standing stones, it was almost warm out there. Very odd.

The pic is the Rudston Monolith, the highest standing stone in the UK at about 25ft.

25'?  What about Stone Henge then? is that not taller than 25'?  If not, it's been way over represented in the advertising.  Just recently learned there were quite a few "Stone Henges" throughout the UK.  For years I thought there was only that 1 & it was massive, now I find there are lots of them & not as tall as I'd thought.

Google says upto 30ft high, but maybe that includes the stones laid across the top? I know it's an utter rip off to visit when most others are free.

VladTepes

:rofl2: :lol: Amateurs !

How to do it right !

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

MarkN

I took the front wheel out of my wife's 600 Bandit this morning and nipped it to the chap who looks after the bikes for me for a new tyre. Whilst it was out I cleaned the calipers etc and fitted some new brake pads.

As I was sitting on the cold garage floor I thought about Sweaty and his need to shelter from the sun when he was cleaning his 14......envious

MarkN

I re-fitted the front wheel to my wife's bike today, felt pleased with myself as all went smoothly as I'm no great mechanic, even the brakes seemed to work! Afterwards, whilst moving the bikes around in the garage I noticed that the back wheel of the 14 had picked up a screw  :furious:

This tyre already has a plug in it - didn't notice when I bought the bike. Is it advisable to plug it again or should I replace the tyre. I would say it's about half worn. Any thoughts

seth

If the screw isn't close to the plug that's already in it .
Then I'd plug it again but it's something that the tyre place you use to discide as they no the law on repairs and what came be done

:onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

MarkN

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 17 January  2019, 03:33 AM
If the screw isn't close to the plug that's already in it .
Then I'd plug it again but it's something that the tyre place you use to discide as they no the law on repairs and what came be done

:onya:

Cheers Seth. The existing plug, which isn't close to the new problem, looks like a proper job as opposed to the repair kits you can get to do yourself. I hope I can save the tyre as I didn't want to replace it before we go away later this year. I'll whip the wheel out and take it to see what they say  :onya: 

gsxbarmy

From memory, you are "allowed" 2 repairs max in any one tyre depending on where the puncture is in relation to the wall of the tyre and the proximity to the other repair. The tyre shop should be able to advise.

If you are going away on your 14 later this year though, do consider whether it's worthwhile changing the tyre before you go, as if you get another puncture it's instantly a new tyre as opposed to fixing with a repair kit.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

MarkN

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Thursday, 17 January  2019, 10:14 AM
From memory, you are "allowed" 2 repairs max in any one tyre depending on where the puncture is in relation to the wall of the tyre and the proximity to the other repair. The tyre shop should be able to advise.

If you are going away on your 14 later this year though, do consider whether it's worthwhile changing the tyre before you go, as if you get another puncture it's instantly a new tyre as opposed to fixing with a repair kit.

Thanks for that Barmy. I wanted to try and make the tyre last until later in the year as my intention was always to replace front and rear just before the trip. I'm going to see exactly how far apart the two punctured areas are then I'll contact the tyre place and see what they say  :onya:

KiwiCol

Got a new WOF yesterday (same as a MOT) so good for another 12 months.   :boogie:  Great weather this weekend, so fishing / boating & no GSX, quads though. :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Globalrider

Nuf of that Col! I'm growing webs between ma toes and no bikes on the road - boat in the water but no time to use it so no fishing! :angry:
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk