Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Giving her a bit of a birthday, new air filter, oil and filter change. Splashed out on a pair of Michelin road 6's.
I've been riding with a bunch of guys from the BMW Owners Club. In jest some have said I should get a Beemer, while grudgingly complimenting me on the 14.  Went to their Christmas do on Saturday night, had a great time. I have told them I ride a GS (X) Anyway i joined their BMW Owners Club as an associate member. To show I have no prejudices I have started collecting Beemer bits.......l've fitted some BMW 3 series horns to the 14. I recommend them,
So the scoota will be in fine fettle with the trip coming up to Wanganui for the Boxing Day Street Races  :boogie:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Kiwifruit

grog

Can see you buying BMW Kiwifruit.Your on the road to one.

Kiwifruit

Yes grog I've spent all of $18 on my secondhand BMW horns collection. One day at a time, I'll just see how they go before getting any more excited.
Truth be told I would begrudge paying the insurance premium. Nice, but pricey suckers !!

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 03 December  2023, 07:42 PMGiving her a bit of a birthday, new air filter, oil and filter change. Splashed out on a pair of Michelin road 6's.
I've been riding with a bunch of guys from the BMW Owners Club. In jest some have said I should get a Beemer, while grudgingly complimenting me on the 14.  Went to their Christmas do on Saturday night, had a great time. I have told them I ride a GS (X) Anyway i joined their BMW Owners Club as an associate member. To show I have no prejudices I have started collecting Beemer bits.......l've fitted some BMW 3 series horns to the 14. I recommend them,
So the scoota will be in fine fettle with the trip coming up to Wanganui for the Boxing Day Street Races  :boogie:
there'll be one in your garage before you know it, they kinda sneak up on youIMG-20211128-WA0014.jpg
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

BMWs are like old age, one day you suddenly realise it's happened to you & there's no going back to when life was better.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 05 December  2023, 06:44 PMBMWs are like old age, one day you suddenly realise it's happened to you & there's no going back to when life was better.

Oh I dunno,  :confused1:  if I had the choice of the GSX or a K1600 I know which I'd have, :drool:  and I certainly wouldn't feel my life was worse with the K.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Ill just keep on with my old girl. I know you lot are BMW lovers, not me. BMW car, id choose a Lexus. K1600, id choose a FJR Yam. Just me.  :)

Hooli

Small HD update.

I've paid for the gearshift parts so they can be ordered. Awaiting the call off the dealer today to confirm when they should arrive. It's 7-10days If they are in stock at the warehouse. Provided they've got them, the workshop time is already booked so I might be able to get her back on the Fri or Sat before Xmas. I can't recall if I said, but the battery has died while stored & they are getting me a new one fitted under warranty as part of the job.

That'll give me a long weekend (as I do nothing for xmas) to cut the exhaust down, sort the other bits out and clean her. Think I'd better get online & find a nice open airfilter so I can do it all at once. As part of it, I'll reset all the learned fuelling adaptations in the ECU so I'd rather do the pipe & filter together to save doing that twice (not that it's difficult, just makes sense as it takes a while to learn the new setup).

Turns out my guess work of HD prices wasn't bad either. I thought £200-250 for parts, it's come out at £262.

As to how long it takes the insurance to pay me out, no idea they've not responded to the email yet.

GSXKING

Did you consider an aftermarket gear shift set up always better quality and choice of bling cheaper to boot 🤔
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

VladTepes

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 06 December  2023, 07:15 PMIll just keep on with my old girl. I know you lot are BMW lovers, not me. BMW car, id choose a Lexus. K1600, id choose a FJR Yam. Just me.  :)

Me too, but the shaft drive VFR rather that the Yammie FJR. Or maybe a Kwaka 1400GT.
But def not a BMW, they don't float my boat.
It's handy that Morgan & Wacker are the biggest Harley and BMW dealer h,ere as I only have to avoid one shop to avoid those 2 brands   :rofl2:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Hooli

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 07 December  2023, 05:32 AMDid you consider an aftermarket gear shift set up always better quality and choice of bling cheaper to boot 🤔

Tbh no. I'm quite happy with the riding position etc so didn't want to change it with different parts.

VladTepes

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 07 December  2023, 05:32 AMDid you consider an aftermarket gear shift set up always better quality and choice of bling cheaper to boot 🤔

I have doubts as to how something cheaper can also be better quality.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

GSXKING

You've never owned a HD is my guess everything is overpriced and not the best quality
Aftermarket isn't branded HD so immediately costs less  :cheers:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

I got paid out, minus the excess this morning. Not sure how long that'll take as it comes when the claim is finalised with the other company. But I'm well up on what it's costing me to get the bike back on the road. So all good so far.

A mate I bumped into today reminded me he knows a damn good & reasonably priced painter. So I think I'll ask him about sorting the marks out as it'll look a lot better than brushed on hammerite.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk