News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

I was planning a day off the bike today, with the idea of washing two of them & fixing the fork seal on the Hornet. But Moonie texted saying 'rideout' so plans changed. We only went to Squires, but as we pulled in I saw a mint K3 so obviously had to park next to it for maximum effect. The bloke said it was unchanged from new with 5k miles & even the original tyres, he was wrong, it's running Avons from 2004. Everything else looked original though. They made a nice contrast for pics though  :lol:

Then when I got home as I was back early I washed mine as originally planned. I'll have to fix the Hornet another day.

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

That's why I added the last pic to give you a hint Notty  :whistling:

Hooli

Today I have been mostly breaking down....

Riding back from work & the throttle stopped working, but the bike was idling fine. I pulled off the road & looked under the tank half expecting a snapped cable. Nope, turns out I obviously hadn't nipped up the nuts that hold the throttle cable to the top of the throttle bodies when I had them off about a year ago. It'd worked loose & the cabled had slid out of place. I had enough tools under the seat with the original toolkit plus a couple of allen keys to get the tank off, refit the cables, adjust them & nip the nuts up properly before riding the last 3 mile home.

I can't blame the bike for that one, totally self-inflicted.

gsxbarmy

Fitted a Wunderlich heated seat to mine today, also a second alarm (totally independent of the bike's wiring and ignition) but for which you can adjust the sensitivity - goes off at 120bB and ye gods IT IS LOUD!!!!!!!!! (if you wonder why I want 2 alarms, its because the standard BMW one is not sensitive enough for me - goes off ok with a good enough thump, but there are times when you want something a little more sensitive (this one has 3 levels of sensitivity and I can set it when I want).

Just now trying to get my hearing back having tested it a couple of times......

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

seth

Does the heated seat make you feel like you've wet yourself had one in my old jag and only used it once  :facepalm:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Mick_J

Quote from: seth on Saturday, 12 February  2022, 08:19 PM
Does the heated seat make you feel like you've wet yourself had one in my old jag and only used it once  :facepalm:

That IS the heated seat  :rofl2:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

gsxbarmy

Quote from: seth on Saturday, 12 February  2022, 08:19 PM

Nope, all nice and toasty thanks @seth !!!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

I nearly put a heated seat on my 14 when I recovered the seat the other year. I couldn't decide how to do the switch mounting though so left it. Wish I had done it now, maybe next time.

Hooli

I tided my garage today & built some rough n ready shelves from wood my neighbour had spare. That feed up loads of floor space so when the bikelift I've bought of him was wheeled in I could get to both sides of a bike on it.

One bike will have to live on it to make room to get them all inside, which isn't an issue. I put the Hornet on as I needed to pull it apart to sort the fork seal that's gone again. I've found some damage on the leg that keeps going this time. There's a pit in the chrome about 1/8" round and half that deep. The rest of the chrome looks fine so I've filled it with araldite pressed in hard. Tomorrow I'll file it smooth & reassemble things. Hopefully that fixes it, if not I'll have to get the legs rechromed which is about £180 the pair.

You can sort of see the damage near the middle of the last pic.

croaker

changed my standard seat for a giuliari seat... think it looks cool

VladTepes

Today I rode it! (first time in a while thanks to working from home and busy weekends).
I'm in love again.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Hooli

You can't ride 'em, they wear out!

so I get told anyway

Will14

Quote from: mjgt on Sunday, 23 January  2022, 07:13 PM
Quote from: grog on Sunday, 23 January  2022, 06:06 PM
Hooli, Mick Hone Suzuki have tps for $125/£66. Gotta be lots cheaper inc post. £82 works out.

Thanks Grog, that's what I paid in Bristol.

@mjgt could you let me know where you purchased the TPS sensor from please, the cheapest I can find is about £90 plus delivery

It seems the battery I fitted has not cured my poor starting fault, shes back to firing and dying again, eventually starts on the fourth attempt so may just try a new TPS sensor to rule it out. This is really starting to annoy me now, I don't suppose its doing much harm, more that I can't cure the bloody issue  :furious:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk