Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Quote from: Taniwha on Sunday, 16 August  2020, 05:15 PM
Quote from: grog on Saturday, 15 August  2020, 06:36 PM
Funnily it works other way as well.Very twisted sports bike roads around here. A group of blokes fit sticky tyres to trail bikes, Teneres etc, Just to upset the mega dollar Ducati, MV,Aprillia riders who come here to prove their multi dollar outlay. I think the trail bikes often win in the corners, tight roads etc. Apparently the Dainese leathers get quite upset.  :laugh:

I did that with my DR650. Had some motard rims laced to my hubs, wrapped em in Diablo Corsas and took to the twisties hunting sportsbikes.

The butthurt rage pouring off these guys after being overtaken on the outside of a corner by a single cylinder two wheeled tractor was only worsened when I'd do the same trick on the inside line.  :rofl2: Especially when I'd dig up a P plate to really piss them off!
:happy1:    :stir:    And the "Brown Arm Award" goes to . . .    :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Irish in Oz

northern

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Sunday, 16 August  2020, 08:12 AM

October? In the UK, earliest date for delivery of a 900 is November/December at present and that's if you order now
Yes, I know, in UK line is longer.
But also a demand is higer. I guess, in Estonia, not more then 15 T900 will be sold in total during 2020. Also, I think, there is different sales regions.
Sales manager here estimate October, because I'm not really interested getting new bike before just riding season ends, so we were discussing next spring.
But I could ask exact dates, if I would order now, when I would get soonest.

Hooli

I took lass out on the back friday evening & got told off when we got where we were going as I dragged a peg turning left off a roundabout  :grin: oops...

Blubber

Must have been a proper date..  since ypu posted this after 2 days  :whistling:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Hooli

Quote from: Blubber on Monday, 17 August  2020, 04:02 AM
Must have been a proper date..  since ypu posted this after 2 days  :whistling:

I couldn't say as a gentleman, but I got home late on friday & saturday was a mini rally/BBQ at hers, three tents in her garden etc.

grog

Your roundabouts Hooli, must have less oil/diesel spills than ours. Treacherous places.

Hooli

Quote from: grog on Monday, 17 August  2020, 08:55 PM
Your roundabouts Hooli, must have less oil/diesel spills than ours. Treacherous places.

Some are, some aren't. I trust that one as I use it regularly & it's never had a spill yet. Plus the main road is shut a few miles up the road so the vast majority of trucks don't use that exit currently.

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 16 August  2020, 11:31 PM
I took lass out on the back friday evening & got told off when we got where we were going as I dragged a peg turning left off a roundabout  :grin: oops...

Did you check her Tare Weight to see if the preload needed adjusting ?  :stir:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 18 August  2020, 03:16 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 16 August  2020, 11:31 PM

Did you check her Tare Weight to see if the preload needed adjusting ?  :stir:

Not a lot & I can't.

I've got XgayR fake Ohlins on te back & I run them at max preload all the time as they are too soft.

Big Phil

Got an OEM seat off EBay with what I think is an awesome cover, anyone else got one like this?

Also a pair of silencers which needed a good long polish but have come up great, no scratches or dents. Going to modify as per the forum tech tip to increase the sound.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

Great find & buy!  Good luck with the muffler mod, it's a bit harder than it reads . . .

Big Phil

I have been worried about that since the beginning. So Col what is the nasty side of things😳

KiwiCol

Breaking the internal weld closest to the collector end.  There just isn't a lot of room to get any purchase on it.

Speedy did it (almost) he had to take the can to an exhaust repair mate to get the last bit out, then he finished off the job.  I think there have been a couple of others that it's gone quite straight forward though. Guess it just depends on how good the weld is in there.

https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=1924.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk