Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapey

Another day of doing SFA to the 1400 as I was too busy assembling a Honda CL450 engine. No wonder Honda only produced this mongrel thing for a couple of years.

I also made the Katana rideable by lifting the clip-ons 60mm and lowering the footrests by 75mm.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Batkwaka

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
A couple of weeks ago I managed to snaffle a set of Givi Panniers & Top Box as well as a single Top Box only mount that bolts into the rear handgrip. Now in emergencies I can forgo the Occy Straps and and have weather protection for my gear. That's the Good bit.
Well the Beemer popped another Neutron laser or whatever the fuck their adaptive headlight is that will cost $600 on top of whatever arse raping price the major service will cost. Without a headlight in the morning the daily trundle is out of action. That's the bad bit.
Now I've had to saddle the 1400 again and I so prefer it's naked look. That's the Ugly bit.

May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

Hooli

I got home from work at 3:30pm so I popped out & put another 100miles on my 14 to enjoy the sunshine & wind.

MarkN

Two new tyres and re-painted/fitted grab rail and front mudguard, ready to go again now   :boogie2:

Kiwifruit

@ Snapey.
On our ride home from Auckland this afternoon a Katana passed us going in the opposite direction....... He was holding the wire tight. Sounded lovely :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Snapey

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 17 March  2019, 04:54 PM
@ Snapey.
On our ride home from Auckland this afternoon a Katana passed us going in the opposite direction....... He was holding the wire tight. Sounded lovely :onya:

He needed to Col. You need a good lot of wind on your chest to ease your back pain from the low bars. They do sound good with a full system .... a lot better than mine no doubt with the two 1400 stock cans.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Hooli

I took it for a 270mile jaunt around the Yorkshire Dales. Have a pic of Buttertubs Pass.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Today i was 10 minutes down the road from home. Glasshouse Mountains, named by Captain James Cook, there are 13, all spectacular. Im really lucky to live here i reckon. Often forget how nice it is. Mt Crookneck in photo. Paddocks are pineapples, avocado trees, macadamias.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Monday, 18 March  2019, 07:34 PM
Today i was 10 minutes down the road from home. Glasshouse Mountains, named by Captain James Cook, there are 13, all spectacular. Im really lucky to live here i reckon. Often forget how nice it is. Mt Crookneck in photo. Paddocks are pineapples, avocado trees, macadamias.

I often get up that way if you want to catch up for a coffee sometime. Normaly having breakfast at Mary Cairncross Park at Malaney or the Deserts at Ricks Garage at Palm Woods.

Sweaty

Grog, that looks like a bloody awful place to live, you poor bastard  :grin: :onya:

Hooli

grog

Yeah its a nice place but i watch on here where you blokes live. Where you visit. A weekend trip thru 3 countries, often wish i could do that. Sweaty your trip ip thru nthn nsw, amazing country. Globals trips in USA, blows me away. We all have unique where we are.

Hooli

Aye, it's always greener the other side of the fence.

ARH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk