News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

25th year of registration

Started by GSXKING, Yesterday at 08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSXKING

I was considering a 25th birthday for my Suzuki but ran out of time.
I think in 2001 it was $250+ dollars so considering it's more than double over 25 years and I've covered more than 180,000kms I think it's fairly cost effective.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Blubber

New to this.

Am i right in thinking you Aussies can pick your own time period for which you want to prepay your registration?

In the Netherlands that is not an option.
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

KiwiCol

In NZ we have the option of putting the Rego On Hold, (no cost) or registering the bike for anything from 1 month to 12 months at a time. I would not be surprised if AU ran something similar.  Our Rego is skyrocketing this year, think it's about $1000 for a large bike.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Roo

Quote from: KiwiCol on Today at 02:11 AMIn NZ we have the option of putting the Rego On Hold, (no cost) or registering the bike for anything from 1 month to 12 months at a time. I would not be surprised if AU ran something similar.  Our Rego is skyrocketing this year, think it's about $1000 for a large bike.

Yeah mate, $900 odd bucks !!!   (gsx1400}   I just do 3 months for Summer.  Keep ya nose clean and hopefully you don't get looked at  ???????

Globalrider

Count yourselves luck - before discounts and gold star rating the insurance for the 1400 for one year is CAN$1,962! I pay CAN$831 still outrageous for Third Party Liability. This is our ICBC mandatory insurance - you can take the 3rd party and put extra coverage with another insurer outside ICBC. Its a joke! and with a Provincial Election due in two weeks this is on the table! :furious:
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Kiwifruit

Our rego is a rip off at $900. Though we do not have a compulsory insurance requirement. Col is correct you can put your rego on hold, but for example if I put my rego on hold for 3 months and then decide to re-register a week before the 3 months is up you have to back pay the rego from the first day you put the bike on hold. I wanted to put my 2 bikes on hold on alternate months so I could ride both for the yearly rego cost of one. So that is not an option.
Good old government, they love their user pays until it doesn't work in their favour. 
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Blubber on Today at 01:05 AMNew to this.

Am i right in thinking you Aussies can pick your own time period for which you want to prepay your registration?

In the Netherlands that is not an option.
yes, 3, 6 or 12 months are options here in WA.  3months works out the most expensive per year, with 12 months being cheaper per annum by about 50aud.  Handy if you plan on selling and don't want to give away too much rego, but its double edged as it can be an attraction to have lots of registration left.

I pay about 800 for both bikes, the bmw being dearer as its newer, about 270 for the 1402. 

Insurance is on top although you do get ctp with the rego,  but that doesn't cover your bike.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Blubber on Today at 01:05 AMNew to this.

Am i right in thinking you Aussies can pick your own time period for which you want to prepay your registration?

In the Netherlands that is not an option.

It varies a bit state to state here.

Queensland has no annual safety certs / MOT's if you keep paying the road tax - rego.

My B-King hasn't been inspected in 19 years because it's always had rego paid. 

The bikes I've stored this year will need an inspection and a new number plate to reregister them.

Annual road tax here also includes basic third party insurance.

Anyone with a licence can ride a bike that's never had an MOT and no one has taken insurance out on, as long as it has rego on it.
.

KiwiCol

Is there a caveat to that Tony, that although you don't need a safety inspection as long as it's registered but you have to keep it to the safety standard? else the coppers can pull you over and fine you?   

What about when going to sell a bike, (not saying your B-King is - just using it as an example) Ok, so Tony's B-King is 19 years old, only ever had 1 safety inspection in it's life and now he's selling it. Unfortunately although Tony has kept it registered, he has not done a stick of maintenance on it except tires. How does the new owner get on? 
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk