News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Oil Temperature sensor

Started by RipleyRich, Friday, 18 September 2026, 04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

Just checked Mick Hone in Victoria,  also no stock listed.

Will ring them am tomorrow and also my local Suzuki dealer here in Perth.

Interestingly, the web price from mick hone is the same as the webike jaoan price at 104AUD each...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Barbastro K6


Phill P

Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Barbastro K6

#18
and from others GSX-GSF oil cooleds ?

In the official breakdown I see that it is not shared with other Suzukis

Irish in Oz

I'm a retired self employed Mechatronics Engineer and used to do alot of calibration work in industry including automotive, I even have a company that made one off devices for me.
If the sensor plays up on my 1400 I may have to come out of retirement for a short period.

Barbastro K6

https://www.japan-webike.ie/products/2000745749.html

here webike provides interesting cross information...........

https://www.japan-webike.ie/products/25704956.html
and here it seems to imply that it is in stock

RipleyRich

Looks like I'll be breaking for spares then as webike was my last hope. I've spent 8hours searching today and have had no success.

RipleyRich

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Saturday, 19 September  2026, 02:06 AMI'm a retired self employed Mechatronics Engineer and used to do alot of calibration work in industry including automotive, I even have a company that made one off devices for me.
If the sensor plays up on my 1400 I may have to come out of retirement for a short period.

I reckon you could make a fair bit of money if you can find a solution to this.
I`ve heard this weekend of a guy that has had his GSX1400 standing for 3 years because of this problem.

Stepdoug

Quote from: RipleyRich on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 06:32 PM
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Saturday, 19 September  2026, 02:06 AMI'm a retired self employed Mechatronics Engineer and used to do alot of calibration work in industry including automotive, I even have a company that made one off devices for me.
If the sensor plays up on my 1400 I may have to come out of retirement for a short period.

I reckon you could make a fair bit of money if you can find a solution to this.
I`ve heard this weekend of a guy that has had his GSX1400 standing for 3 years because of this problem.
Blimey heck of a problem.
Wonder if you would get this part buying a used engine , mind you would make it a bloody expensive part

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Stepdoug on Wednesday, 23 September  2026, 06:35 AM
Quote from: RipleyRich on Tuesday, 22 September  2026, 06:32 PM
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Saturday, 19 September  2026, 02:06 AMI'm a retired self employed Mechatronics Engineer and used to do alot of calibration work in industry including automotive, I even have a company that made one off devices for me.
If the sensor plays up on my 1400 I may have to come out of retirement for a short period.

I reckon you could make a fair bit of money if you can find a solution to this.
I`ve heard this weekend of a guy that has had his GSX1400 standing for 3 years because of this problem.
Blimey heck of a problem.
Wonder if you would get this part buying a used engine , mind you would make it a bloody expensive part

I've decided to go ahead with this project as my mate has had big problems with starting, he will be bring his bike to me to have a look at it.
There goes my retirement, but it may help my super fund not that I need it.

Eric GSX1400K3

#25
[/Quote]
Blimey heck of a problem.
Wonder if you would get this part buying a used engine , mind you would make it a bloody expensive part
[/quote]

Risk with buying a used one is that the sensor in that is also buggered, meaning you are no further but instead have an extra engine...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Phill P

I personally think moving the sensor to a different location like the fan switch is a more simple solution. I believe it would need an adaptor to sleeve it down to the correct size for the more readily available oil temp sensors. Yes you'd lose the fan that never comes on anyway but you could rig a switch if concerned.  :whatever:
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Hooli

Quote from: Phill P on Wednesday, 23 September  2026, 05:06 PMI personally think moving the sensor to a different location like the fan switch is a more simple solution. I believe it would need an adaptor to sleeve it down to the correct size for the more readily available oil temp sensors. Yes you'd lose the fan that never comes on anyway but you could rig a switch if concerned.  :whatever:
Id bet you'd be able to fit a T-piece & keep the fan switch too. I've seen similar done on old Triumphs where an oil temp or pressure gauge is added to the pressure warning light hole.  At worst, you'd need someone to make a brass T-piece & put the right size holes/threads in it.

Eric GSX1400K3

Possible.

I though about extending the oul temp sensor lead to the fan switch, but I dont think the fan switch is an NTC (negative tempersture coefficient) sensor, just a simple temperature switch: close contact when oil is at 120deg and fan runs. Contact opens when oil is cooled to 104deg C or whatever.

If that fan switch was replaced with a suitably threaded NTC sensor, then we maybe onto something....just need to determine the thread type and size of course.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

RipleyRich

Unless I`ve missed a post that explain this, isn`t the first challenge finding another sensor with the same resistance characteristics?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk