News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Tingling

Started by Stevel3, Wednesday, 19 August 2026, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevel3

Quote from: grog on Friday, 28 August  2026, 10:15 AMI used to sell CTek chargers. Just remembered we did have a few faulty MXS 5 amps.
Could I be unlucky enough to get 2 of them. The Harley one also does it as well. I usually feel it most if I brush against the muffler on either bike.

KiwiCol

I wonder if it's something to do with your outlet?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Barbastro K6

I always charge disconnecting negative from
battery

Stevel3

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 28 August  2026, 08:25 PMI wonder if it's something to do with your outlet?
I just have to remember to wear shoes ot thongs if I'm in the garage doing stuff on or around the bikes.

KiwiCol

Try using a multimeter between a metal part of the bike and the floor, because that's you're doing when you touch the bike, creating a path to earth, so bang a multimeter on it & see what ya get.

Try voltage settings, ac and dc, then try continuity, there should not be any, but if there's tingling, there will be.  Test for continuity the same as you'd test a wire to see if if's broken inside it's sheath, if the meter says 0, good, if it says anything else you are heading in the right direction now.

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

I had a read on that tingling. Not good. Only tiny amps can kill. Mate, get your house earth tested.Its on both bikes, different chargers.Get house checked👍

Eric GSX1400K3

Good call Grog. Yes, milliamps is enough to cause defibrillation.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Mr Gee

Correct.  Volts don't matter, 1volt or ten thousand. It's the Amperage that kills.
Mr Gee

Stevel3

I googled and it tells me it's a common issue. It only happens when I'm barefoot or have socks on. It doesn't happen with shoes or thongs on.

KiwiCol

Wow, stray capacitive coupling, never heard of it, but then I'm not a sparkie, but I know who is . . .  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Stevel3

Yeah when first googled it i was surprised. I didn't realise until then that it only happens without footwear. I had to test it as soon as i read it and yes, tingles with no footwear and none with footwear.

T250

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 29 August  2026, 07:33 PMI had a read on that tingling. Not good. Only tiny amps can kill. Mate, get your house earth tested.Its on both bikes, different chargers.Get house checked👍

Agree Grog, mate had similar problem in his bathroom, turns out none of the pipes were bonded and the boiler socket had a faulty earth!

Stevel3

I appreciate the concern, I just have to remember to not go barefoot in the garage. I'm surprised I'm the only one to not wear any footwear in the garage and have bikes on trickle charger. When i need to upgrade either bikes battery, I'll put a Predator Raptor in them. I have one in my Deluxe and with the app I can turn the battery off altogether. I don't need a trickle charger on it.

grog

All good Mate 👍 Only have to please yourself.

Mr Gee

I would not, trust Mr Google

Get it checked out, before you get checked out, permanently.
Mr Gee

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk