News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

fuel consumption

Started by Blubber, Friday, 10 March 2017, 01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

#15

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 10 March  2017, 06:53 AM
327kms from full then put in 21.7litres.

Bloody hell Col, you run it close.  Only takes 22L!

@Blubber


with 2 blinking / flashing thingies, that goes off once you're down to 1.75L left in the tank. The only issue is, you might not see it straight away & by the time you do notice, there's not 1.75L left at all, maybe only 1L!!

@Beaker   @lawrie   


That's the price for a Litre, not a gallon.  Depending on where I fill up & how empty it is, it'll cost $40 - $45 to fill up.     Wonder if diesel is an option??  Plane the head & replace sparkplugs for glow plugs . . .  There ya go Lawrie, something to really get yer teeth into
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

I was thinking that Col as i worried more and more about my lack of fuel.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

VladTepes

Two flashing thingies?
Never seen that even when coughing due to lack of petrol....

I usu get around 270ks per tank mostly commuting.
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol


@VladTepes


it's the last bar that blinks & the wee pic of the fuel pump above the last bar. These are the 2 things that flash.


If you not seen it, 1 of 3 things.  1, part of it isn't working,   2, you're not that low on fuel after all, or 3, you just never noticed.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

Oh yeah ive seen both blinking... is there a stage when only one does?
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol



Yep, the fuel pump icon will flash when you're down to 6L in the tank. 
The fuel pump icon & the last bar will flash when you're down to 1.75L. 


Basically got between 25 & 30 k's left before you're walking once they both start.



The trick is to notice when they both start, not notice it after 10k & think you've still got 25 left.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

Cool thanks for that.  I'd never noticed just the pump flashing by itself but then I never really looked.....
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Mick_J

I get about 50 miles to the gallon, hardly ever get down to anything flashing as I fill up whatever I've used every time I ride, always park it on a full tank.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

KiwiCol

Hell, to get 50mpg I gotta ride 'very sedate' I mean hardly crack the throttle at all.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mick_J

The 14 is a fat slug (let the fight begin) so I don't cane it, my speed triple on the other hand  :mwink:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Blubber

Quote from: mjgt on Friday, 10 March  2017, 08:03 PM
The 14 is a fat slug (let the fight begin) so I don't cane it, my speed triple on the other hand  :mwink:

i am not the lightest either, perfect match for a 14  :mwink:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

froudy

I did do 160 miles once while hunting for a petrol station to fill up and was getting nervous :grin:

My commute is 35 miles each way so I do two days (140 miles) then fill up on the way home. Ride my last shift as I do three shifts per week and then fill up again after 70 miles, so I'm ready to go again the following week with a full tank.

As mjgt said I always park up with a full tank too.It helps prevent condensation forming in the tank in the winter if it's parked up for a few days :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

KiwiCol

Quote from: mjgt on Friday, 10 March  2017, 08:03 PM
The 14 is a fat slug (let the fight begin) so I don't cane it, my speed triple on the other hand  :mwink:

It's nice you look after the fat slug. Treat her nice n she'll be with you for years n years, actually, she'll probably outlast me & you.   But cane the ass out of that trumpet, they'll take it.  (so will the 14)
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

KiwiCol

You poor buggers up north have a whole different set of issues, ask an Aussie if they've ever had a problem with condensation in the tank, Bet nope,   BTW, Tassie doesn't count as Aussie, ask a Queenslander.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Blubber

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 10 March  2017, 08:26 PM
You poor buggers up north have a whole different set of issues, ask an Aussie if they've ever had a problem with condensation in the tank, Bet nope,   BTW, Tassie doesn't count as Aussie, ask a Queenslander.

You guys have fuel evaporation / heat block issues at + 40°C  :imrgreen:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk