News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

What Did You See Today?

Started by grog, Thursday, 21 July 2022, 06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevel3

Chiang Mai is in the north of Thailand. Old Phuket Town is in Phuket in the south. My wife and I did Thailand last Christmas. We spent 3 days in Chiang Mai and then 2 weeks in Patong. In,Old Phuket Town they have a weekly night market. It was crazy busy on the night we went.

Eric GSX1400K3

Yes, I stand corrected, we did Thailand in Feb, 1 week Bangkok, 1 week Chiang Mai.  The year before was Phuket.

The night market is an experience, I remember having a beer in an old barber shop on that street, watching the world go by
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Mr Gee

I saw my brother today.  :onya:

Not very exciting but we all, can't live the high life.  :whatever:
Mr Gee

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Mr Gee on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 03:32 AMI saw my brother today.  :onya:

Not very exciting but we all, can't live the high life.  :whatever:

Saw my sister in 2015.
Spoke to my dad around the same time.
Sometimes mum messages me.

We aren't a close family.

.

Stevel3

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 10:03 AM
Quote from: Mr Gee on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 03:32 AMI saw my brother today.  :onya:

Not very exciting but we all, can't live the high life.  :whatever:

Saw my sister in 2015.
Spoke to my dad around the same time.
Sometimes mum messages me.

We aren't a close family.

I don't have the option anymore, only myself and my sister are left. Mum Dad and my 2 older brothers are all passed. 😢



Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Stevel3 on Wednesday, 26 August  2026, 07:42 PMChiang Mai is in the north of Thailand. Old Phuket Town is in Phuket in the south. My wife and I did Thailand last Christmas. We spent 3 days in Chiang Mai and then 2 weeks in Patong. In,Old Phuket Town they have a weekly night market. It was crazy busy on the night we went.

Yeah, been here a couple of times before and traveled around a bit. Still plenty of stuff I'd like to see.

This trip was just about relaxing.
A nice hotel, ocean views.
Near a high end award winning restaurant.

Wife's work has been crazy for a while, and she's had the world on her shoulders.  This was what she wanted.

Massages, sun, food and drink, beach walks, swim in the pool and be pampered.

Vietnam next year, although I'd like to fit a trip back here again too.



.

Stevel3

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Thursday, 27 August  2026, 10:41 AM
Quote from: Stevel3 on Wednesday, 26 August  2026, 07:42 PMChiang Mai is in the north of Thailand. Old Phuket Town is in Phuket in the south. My wife and I did Thailand last Christmas. We spent 3 days in Chiang Mai and then 2 weeks in Patong. In,Old Phuket Town they have a weekly night market. It was crazy busy on the night we went.

Yeah, been here a couple of times before and traveled around a bit. Still plenty of stuff I'd like to see.

This trip was just about relaxing.
A nice hotel, ocean views.
Near a high end award winning restaurant.

Wife's work has been crazy for a while, and she's had the world on her shoulders.  This was what she wanted.

Massages, sun, food and drink, beach walks, swim in the pool and be pampered.

Vietnam next year, although I'd like to fit a trip back here again too.




Nice, wife and I are off to DaNang in Vietnam at Christmas time. I've been to Thailand 5 times and this will be my 2nd time to Vietnam. Thailand was crazy busy last year. I normally like the hustle and bustle but it was bordering too much late year lol.

GSXKING

Vietnam has been our favourite.
Christmas time is their winter 🥶 more like our warm spring.
Food is outstanding so very fresh 😋😋😋
Very young population.
Saigon is absolutely non-stop 20 hours a day. Fabulous history, some from their perspective is challenging to us 🧐
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Tony Nitrous

A mate near me has limited time. He's full of cancer and going down hill.

He wants me to have his dog.

It's a 3 & 1/2 year old Kelpie.

It's a dog from a litter his previous dog had, it was given to the owner on the male dog as payment for his dogs service.

He and I always get on well, spend many hours working together. Neither of us have ever had kids and we both fuss our dogs more than we should.  He took this dog back after it had changed hands and wasn't getting enough attention or love.

At the moment he's not trying to rehome it, he wants it to go to me.

I don't really want a Kelpie, I turned down a pup when it was born.

I don't want a 3 & 1/2 year old dog that's had 3 owners.

I don't want another male dog.

My dog hates other dogs with a passion and we always hoped and told a younger female dog was our best chance of he accepting another into the house.

It's not the right dog for me, but I don't want to let him down or see the dog go somewhere it won't be loved.



.

Pommeroy

Sorry to hear about your mate Tony, that's tough.

You can't take the dog so the next best thing is seeing if you can help your mate find a decent home for it...or if he's too crook to help, do it for him.  Putting an honest call out via social media or local media could work...if your mate's not against the community knowing about his illness, it could be a human/canine story that gets a good outcome.
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Pommeroy on Sunday, 30 August  2026, 05:53 PMSorry to hear about your mate Tony, that's tough.

You can't take the dog so the next best thing is seeing if you can help your mate find a decent home for it...or if he's too crook to help, do it for him.  Putting an honest call out via social media or local media could work...if your mate's not against the community knowing about his illness, it could be a human/canine story that gets a good outcome.

At this point he's not trying to re-home it, he just wanted me to have it before it comes to that.  He has no interest in the Internet or social media so I'd do that for him if it comes to it.

A 3 & 1/2 year old working dog with no training and 3 owners isn't desirable around here. The RSPCA and dog shelters have ones that would be far more desirable.   

I'd take it to keep it safe, but it's not ideal.

Steve's a real character. I started using him to help me with some building jobs, but I ended up as a labourer for him as he's far more skilled than I am. Outside of work we kept in touch, visited each other, now I get invited to his sisters BBQ's etc. He's a real character, retired, lives off grid in the bush somewhere he built that doesn't exist.

I'll have to give it some thought.

.

grog

Hard trail Tony. Tough but don't. I've seen it before, down the track you'll be glad you didn't.IMO.

Mr Gee

Tough one but I can't see a happy ending, if you take the dog, given your own dogs dislike of others. Especially, invading his territory, as he will see it.  :whatever:
Mr Gee

Hooli

Yeah that sounds like a recipe for disaster Tony.

Dwain Dibley

I couldn't believe what I saw today as I drove my Daughter to work at the safari park....A guy on a sports bike in full leathers with a rucksack on his back, and in that rucksack, wearing goggles, was his pet dog.

No photos cos I was driving my van, but the dog seemed to be loving it.

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk