Author Topic: Such a Harley thing to do.  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Irish in Oz

• Forum Donor 2020
  • Torque Master
  • please enter your location
Re: Such a Harley thing to do.
« Reply #30 on: Friday, 13 March 2020, 05:49 am »
I like reading the old mags from my youth. Every historic bike I own I try to track down road tests for those models, workshop and owner manuals. There was a seller in England I bought quite a few mags of (about 20), Bike and Motorcycle Mechanics are my preference but he seems to have disappeared "Pig Farmers Motorcycle Magazines".
Back in 1977 I had a GT380M as new, but it ended up looking like this.

Offline DP1400

• Tarmac Tearer
« Reply #31 on: Friday, 13 March 2020, 06:43 am »
Ditto, Ditto!

Nice old pic Irish :onya: - i really liked the 380, it looked better proportioned than the 550 i think, never owned one but a mate had one (the L model) at the time i had my S3. Great times.

I`ve started uploading the odd pic of some of my old bikes in the little used member gallery in case they are of interest to anyone who may be doing a restoration etc. I`ll continue to do so for the moment, though i do wonder why we have a member gallery given how little used it appears to be!

Offline VladTepes

• Impaler.. Don't tempt me!
  • Administrator
  • Shit Magnet
    • GSX1400 Owners ORG
« Reply #32 on: Friday, 13 March 2020, 12:02 pm »
I`ll continue to do so for the moment, though i do wonder why we have a member gallery given how little used it appears to be!

I think very few people / nobody browses the gallery an dot be fair it wasn't intended for that.
The idea is for people to put their photos in the gallery and then link them into their posts, rather than put them as attachments.
Why? Because if you end up posting the same photo say 5 times, if its in the gallery and linked that's just 1 'piece' of storage space.  With attachments that's 5.
So my preference is for people to use the gallery but whatever the case we all love photos so whatever works for you.

I'd encourage other members to test the gallery it's not hard to use.

@DP1400 the best thing is to start a thread and put the images in that (simply by using the code you can copy from below the images in your gallery)

:onya: :onya: :onya:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

“Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools”

Online grog

• Forum Donor 2020
  • Torque Master
  • yesterday was good, tomorrow will be awesome
« Reply #33 on: Friday, 13 March 2020, 07:14 pm »
Never thought about the gallery, thanks for prompt.Quite a few old pics i can post

Online Andre

• Forum Donor 2018
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: Friday, 13 March 2020, 07:25 pm »
There is also a value-added feature for the poster and the reader when using the gallery. When posting several pictures in a post, you can write something between each pic.

anything