News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Eyup

Started by Iain, Monday, 02 March 2020, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iain

Eyup everyone.
I've been wanting a 1400 for a number of years and now I am on the brink of buying a 2002 model.
It's a steal at £1650 but it's tatty.
It'll need new forks for a start as the present ones are quite pitted and rusty. But it's mot till June

Cheers

Iain

Andre

Welcome :hat:

For new stanchions I'd recommend TNK. They are hard-chromed, not as shiny as OEM but better IMO. Can get these for less than half of what Robinsons want for OEM. For example from BrooksBarn: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TNK-Chrome-Fork-Tube-46-x-642-mm-Suzuki-GSX-1400-2002/401682912720?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D225076%26meid%3Dadc2f74f955240c68d405860224b0c87%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D263794261386%26itm%3D401682912720%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

Obviously more needed than that for fork. Seals, dust caps, bushings and oil will need to be done.

VladTepes

Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

Gidday Iain. Welcome to the forum.

Looking at the pic, Id imagine you'll be up for heaps more than just forks.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

seth

 :welcome1:
To all things 1402

All the help you could need is here and if not just ask

Forks are straightforward to do just follow the guides here .
Remember if peering parts to get the right year as early and later forks are quite different sharing almost no common parts including the fork tubes.
.
Good luck
Seth
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Blubber

Welcome.
Sounds like a steal at that price.

Enjoy your tinkering  :cheers:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

DP1400

Eyup Iain, Welcome :) You`ve gotto start somewhere, so i`m guessing its all the MOT stuff taking priority. Hope all goes to your game plan. Good to know there`ll be another `14 out there, rather than rusting away in a barn! :cheers:

Sweaty

Welcome aboard & good luck with the project.

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

T 24


Mick_J

Welcome to the forum Iain  :onya:  Where are you, from your intro I'm thinking oop north.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Ginju


Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Iain

I live in Carlisle, Cumbria.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk