News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Who's ridden a sports bike?

Started by mikesaa309, Wednesday, 20 March 2019, 04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: GSXKING on Sunday, 30 June  2019, 09:03 PM
@Tony Nitrous harks back to the original design of B-King  :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

King (and Busa)  had GSXR1000 horsepower and GSX1400 grunt.

Winner winner chicken dinner !
.

GSXKING

I remember first ride on V4 Aprilia Tuono and thinking this thing has some serious grunt.  :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Andre

So relieved when I was finally getting off a GSXR1000. Most uncomfortable ride in my life. But the power was cool.

GSXKING

@Andre I had a 2004 GSXR1000 one of the best bikes ever. I agree though quite uncomfortable for anything other than a track day or squirt up the mountains.  :boogie: :boogie:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Andre

Agree, for track days it would be great.

VladTepes

Does a Moto Guzzi Le Mans Mk III count as  sports bike, because I've ridden one of those.

What about a Ducati single cylinder? It seemed sporty compared to my Honda CD250  :rofl3:
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Mick_J

Not any more, 35 years ago that would have been a good shout.  :lol:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

GSXKING

Don't know if this counts but HD had a Softail ride day at Norwell Motorsport. It rained so not sure about the 114 cubic inch HDXR  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

VladTepes

Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

grog

Riding Hardlys GSX, any chest pains, insomnia, leg cramps. Looking at self more often in mirror. Did it actually complete a lap? :cheesy:

GSXKING

#40
Yes Vlad a little over compensation I think. Like so many things HD  :cheers:

Grog, no,  :furious: no ill effects but that massive rear tyre  :confused1: steers the bike not the front tyre (it's too skinny IMHO).

Bridgestone tyres are made of black concrete :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:, so no grip under heavy acceleration, more so in the wet.

The two girls from HD Australia funnily enough are both foreigners, one Swedish absolutely gorgeous with jet black hair.  :drool: :drool: :smitten: :smitten:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

At least they got the the girls right. Mates and i play that game on Moto GP nights, which rider has best umbrella girl.

Andre

That rake angle of the Hardly explains a lot. For sure disqualifies it as a sports bike unless you think a chopper is a sports bike. Some people nowadays think of playing video games is a sport :rofl2:

Tony Nitrous

I'll stick to my sensible little sports tourer....



..... there is a sportsbike I have my eye on, I just haven't found the right bike at the right price yet.
.

ouch

Hmmm think iv'e owned 4 zx10r / 5 or 6 R1 /  3 cbr1000rr  ducati 996 couple of Aprilia RSV 1000   2 maybe 3   gsxr 1000. countless sports 600's oh and used a bmw s1000rr  for track days

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk