News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Where did you ride today?

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 10 February 2017, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevel3

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 04 October  2026, 05:22 PMYoull notice huge diff with forks upgraded.  All i did was Wilbers progressive, 10w oil. Had shop set everything to my 85kg. Next time im going back to 5w oil, just because so many bumpy/crap roads at present.
Yeah I told him my weight when he orders the new springs. I'm pretty sure it still has the standard springs in it. Not sure if the fork oil has been changed with only 18,000 k's on it when I bought it.

Tony Nitrous

Wednesday...



Thursday....



.

Hooli

Do not pet the fluffy cows.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Hooli on Yesterday at 05:03 PMDo not pet the fluffy cows.

I rode home thinking "how much do they cost?" and how many do I need, fences etc.
Off to Google.
..... Well that's not going to be happening !

There's a couple of places around here with them, and a couple of places with camels. My next door neighbour has Texas Longhorns at the bottom of my garden...



I really don't need the expense or the hassle... but stupid stuff like that amuses me.

I'll stick to looking at the sales and dreaming about tanks, helicopters and railway carriages....  :lol:
.

Hooli

I'd go for Highland 'fluffy coos' personally, but rather suspect it's too warm for them where you are.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Hooli on Yesterday at 08:44 PMI'd go for Highland 'fluffy coos' personally, but rather suspect it's too warm for them where you are.

There's a few places with them around here, they aren't as rare as US Bison. A lot of smallholders / tree change / hobby farmers would like them so it keeps the prices high.

Highland Cattle, Bison, Camels etc are all for sale here but not cheap. Alpaca are by far the most common though. I know a few folk with them and there's heaps where I go riding.

The one folk seem to stay around from around here are sheep. Family in the UK had them, but my neighbours have had issues with foxs, wild dogs, dingo's etc and give them a miss. They prefer the hardier cattle breeds.

Stuff like Brahman or Droubtmaster cattle are pretty common.  In the UK all our family's cattle were Hereford x Friesian.

Mrs did mention goats but I dislike the things with a passion!
.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk