News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Where did you ride today?

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 10 February 2017, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Stayed at the Punakaiki campground a few times. Love riding along that coast.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

That map looks like there's a lot of corners en-route.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 30 September  2026, 05:40 PMThat map looks like there's a lot of corners en-route.

Lots of 'em, only a straightish bit close to Westport, otherwise it's all corners.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

#1278
I'm loving the extra rides and extra miles this year, loving finding new towns and new road... trying hard not to think about the amount of times I've filled up with fuel, or all the amount of breakfasts I've had!

Today...







.

Tony Nitrous

Looking at the scribbles on the old piece of plaster board leaning on my tool box's since Jan 1st...
DRZ.... 25 rides.
Gen-3.... 24 rides.
Gen-2.... 18 rides.
B-King.... 12 rides.

Pretty sure it'll be less next year as I have other stuff planned.
.

Mr Gee

The trouble with riding bikes, is that it's like owning a Tardis. Doesn't feel like you are going anywhere but.

Had a Doctors appoint, today. Only a six mile, round trip but somehow, ended up with a hundred and twenty-eight on the clock.

 :happy1:  :rofl2:  :lol:
Mr Gee

KiwiCol

Before or after the news from the Doc?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mr Gee

After. Somehow, got lost on the way home.  :onya:
Mr Gee

GSXKING

Mount Glorious today. We met at BP The Gap at 7am, still a mild 14 degrees 🥶 but warming up quickly.
Over to the T intersection a quick regroup and back up to The View Cafe. This place has been transformed by the new owner it's very popular and they only take bookings for 10 or more. Walk ins only 😳.
Needless to say plenty of room for the 8 of us at 09:30am but it filled up whilst we were there and there was quite a cue of people waiting for tables so we didn't dilly dally.
The weather has been great, low humidity helps a lot.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Tony Nitrous

Parkruns in the morning, took the Toyota as its safer at 5:45am.

By the time I was home and showered there were smoke warning to the South of me, checked my regular ride East and it was closed due to bush fires.

Spent a few hours watering plants that are still pretty young and not really established yet.

Had a couple of rides planned for next week, but I'd be happy to cancel them if we get any rain.

Did call in at the little store at Benarkin this morning. The girls that are now running it were busy with coffees and had a selection of food available.

Nice that although I've lost my 2 favorite cafes, I've found 2 or 3 more to replace them. 

.

Phill P

Just to chalet cafe near Cowfold for breakfast on the Zed,nothing to write home about really. However about a minute into the start of my journey I got to fully test the ABS on the bike  :jack: Thankfully it works well.
Thankfully we all like different things, and I like a modded GSX1400

Stevel3

Did my normal ride this morning except went to Maryborough first, then Biggenden, Childers and then back to the Bay for the tail end of the Panel Van show and shine. First ride since getting the new tyres and rear shocks rebuilt. The new tyres felt really good and the bike tipped in very nicely.  Can definitely feel a difference in the rear shocks, much more compliant now. What it did highlight though was how harsh the front forks are. Next job is new springs and seals. Should be pretty much sorted then.

grog

Youll notice huge diff with forks upgraded.  All i did was Wilbers progressive, 10w oil. Had shop set everything to my 85kg. Next time im going back to 5w oil, just because so many bumpy/crap roads at present.

Eric GSX1400K3

648km round trip up to Dalwallinu, lots of wheatbelt towns, New Norcia and Swan Valley wineries.  Wood fired pizza for dinner to close out the weekend.

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tony Nitrous

Today wasn't going to be a bike day, I don't normally ride on public holidays, but my wife needed to work and there's rain forecast for tomorrow, so a quick 199K's / 124 miles this morning.

.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk