News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

Where did you ride today?

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 10 February 2017, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Too many bad design things to put on here. ECU & fuse boxes on/under batteries??

Tony Nitrous

Not feeling it today. It was 17 to 19 degrees C and I had extra layers on, but I just couldn't get warm. Breakfast was a bit average too. 
Did meet another rider, he had older bikes at home, used to do drag racing, we'd both owned some of the same bikes, he seemed a nice guy, although we had quite different taste in our bikes.  Only 184K's ( 114 miles) today, but almost back on track for my 100 rides in 2026 (and 52 parkruns) target.



Got a few days at home next week, job to do, Mrs away. Haven't felt 100% recently so I see a couple of lazy days coming up.

After that the DRZ and B- King will need a run.

.

Mr Gee

Fate, it would appear, is doing it's best, to keep me off the road.

Sorted out the bike and now, I've gone and twisted my ankle.

Struggling to walk, at the moment.  :whatever:
Mr Gee

Eric GSX1400K3

Left or right? Only need the left to change gears
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Mr Gee

Mr Gee

Mick_J

Managed to get up to Gloucester yesterday to visit another Rorke's Drift grave.  This is the grace of Alfred Henry Hook (Hookey), he was badly portrayed in the film Zulu.  The grave yard is well out of the way but the grave is well cared for.  Just one more to go.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Mr Gee

He certainly was badly portrayed. :onya:

Actually, a model soldier, he went on, to become the Regimental Sergeant Major, before he eventually retired.  :salute:
Mr Gee

Eric GSX1400K3

Another 300km loop around southern Perth and surrounds, great day out, cooler temps but no rain, some really nice wide sweeping country roads.  Rode down around the Harvey Estuary and back up via Pinjarra-Williams road.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Mr Gee

Mr Gee

Eric GSX1400K3

One particular road. Corio Road from Pinjarrah winds through the farmlands for about 40km like a giant snake, its awesome to open the throttle and simply sweep left to right in 5th or 6th ....
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tony Nitrous

Maybe we should have a favorite roads thread ?

This is my ride to get my morning coffee.
1 road, 63k's (40 miles) of mostly bends.
It's normally pretty quiet.

Wildlife and livestock can be a problem so you really need to be ready if you are turning up the pace.

Are there better roads about ? Absolutely!
I have others I prefer. The big deal about this one is it starts at the bottom of the hill from my house.



Living in the city had a huge amount of advantages, but getting to anywhere fun from my front door wasn't one of them.

.

Stevel3

A ride i mostly do is from Hervey Bay to Childers,its mostly highway. Then from Childers out to Biggenden it has a 4 klm bit of tight corners, a lot of sweeping corners and just a nice country road. Then I stop for coffee at the BP servo and rest for a bit. Then I go the back way to Maryborough, again nice country roads but a bit on the rough side. Fuel up in Maryborough and then 30 minutes to home.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Stevel3 on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 07:03 AMA ride i mostly do is from Hervey Bay to Childers,its mostly highway. Then from Childers out to Biggenden it has a 4 klm bit of tight corners, a lot of sweeping corners and just a nice country road. Then I stop for coffee at the BP servo and rest for a bit. Then I go the back way to Maryborough, again nice country roads but a bit on the rough side. Fuel up in Maryborough and then 30 minutes to home.

Never really explored that area. I probably should do.

The servo in Childers became my benchmark for bikes or longer rides. It was 307K's / 190 miles from my front door.  Could my bike make it on 1 tank, could my arse, bladder and old bones make it without a stop. 

It I always seemed to be a splash and dash stop as I was normally heading to 1770, Ayr, Cairns, Daintree or Airlie Beach.

I really should make an effort to see more around Childers one day.

I haven't been up the coast in quite a while.



.

Stevel3

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 07:36 AM
Quote from: Stevel3 on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 07:03 AMA ride i mostly do is from Hervey Bay to Childers,its mostly highway. Then from Childers out to Biggenden it has a 4 klm bit of tight corners, a lot of sweeping corners and just a nice country road. Then I stop for coffee at the BP servo and rest for a bit. Then I go the back way to Maryborough, again nice country roads but a bit on the rough side. Fuel up in Maryborough and then 30 minutes to home.

Never really explored that area. I probably should do.

The servo in Childers became my benchmark for bikes or longer rides. It was 307K's / 190 miles from my front door.  Could my bike make it on 1 tank, could my arse, bladder and old bones make it without a stop. 

It I always seemed to be a splash and dash stop as I was normally heading to 1770, Ayr, Cairns, Daintree or Airlie Beach.

I really should make an effort to see more around Childers one day.

I haven't been up the coast in quite a while.




I probably could just do the loop on a full tank if I leave Hervey Bay full. I usually top up in Marborough though as I don't want to risk running out. Too old to be pushing bikes now haha. If you do get up here on a weekend let me know. There is another 1400 in Hervey Bay I've been out with. His name is Brian, not sure if he is on here or not.

Tony Nitrous

Headed South, South-West for a run today.
Made a change, not great roads where I went, mostly flat farm land with some pretty average roads.

Called in at the new little dinner at Cambooya for a coffee and a burger on the way through. Nice to see somewhere new.

Not a bad day to be on a bike, but everywhere looked very dry and dusty, and desperately in need of some rain.







.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk