News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Where did you ride today?

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 10 February 2017, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Monday, 07 September  2026, 07:46 PMAll happening in your neck of the woods Tony

There's been 2 other murders in the 6 years I've been here, but it's always domestic.  Folk seem to keep their dramas in house and don't upset other folk !

There's a few places out here, more so further West of us, you don't turn up unannounced, or in a police uniform!

It's actually a great place to live if you don't annoy folk.
Suits me fine.
.

Tony Nitrous

I tried an early start! Not good. Way to much wildlife about, foggy, bad in places. I stopped for a car rolled over in the scrub, lights still going, someone had already got them out and an ambulance was on its way. Woman who'd helped them said they'd hit a Roo.



Came back up that way an hour later, cops were just packing up, I had a much better run. Not sure it was a good day for everyone though.



Folk overseas make a big deal about Aussie wildlife, the sharks, crocs, snakes, spiders etc etc.  I swear the most dangerous thing here and the one I fear most and the one I've had the most threatening moments from are bloody Kangaroo's. If any wildlife get me it's going to be one of those things!
.

Hooli

They'll roo the day they didn't brake in time anyway.

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

Was Skippy dead on the side of the road?  or had he bounced away?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 08 September  2026, 06:33 PMWas Skippy dead on the side of the road?  or had he bounced away?

Didn't see him, I did think it may have been an excuse for some bad driving, although their story is pretty common here.

I hit a Roo hard enough in my ute to push my bumper back and put a kink in the Ute, Roo got punted into the scrub and I never found him. 

I don't think either the cops or insurance would question it, dead roo or not. Pretty common for folk to swerve trying to avoid them and roo vehicles.
.

Mr Gee

New Battery that I ordered from SportsBikeShop on Sunday, for the XSR900 arrived this morning.  :clapping:

Thought I would fit it and go for a spin.  :onya:

However, the terminals were damaged when I opened the box. Bugger.  :sad:
Mr Gee

grog

That's pretty crap MrGee, obviously been out of the box before, last time I'd deal there.

Mr Gee

Not sure. The box was still sealed.  :whatever:

However, I have dealt with them a lot and they are really, good.  :onya:

Phoned them, as soon, as I'd unpacked it and replacement, arriving today.  :clapping:

Can't complain about that level of service, can you.  :grin:
Mr Gee

Hooli

Stuff happens, probably dropped or kicked around in the courier's van I'd assume. Great replacement service though, that'd keep my business as they sorted the problem the best they could.

grog

OK, agree, not shops fault, retract my thoughts. 🙈

Mr Gee

To complete the saga of the battery.

Ordered Sunday 16.00 ish.

Delivered Tuesday 14.30, discovered damaged and telephoned at 14,45.  :sad:

Replacement just arrived, Wednesday 09.45.  :onya:  :clapping:  :grin:

Not too shabby on the customer service side of things.  :notworthy:
Mr Gee

Mr Gee

Fitted the battery this afternoon. Although it wasn't afternoon when I started.  :evil:

Skills required, a blend of Ballet and Acrobatics.  :furious:

This has led me to conclusion that all, Designers of absolutely, anything. Should be made to assemble, disassemble and carry out maintenance procedures, on whatever they design, before it gets built and sold to the public.  :frustrated:

Rant over.  :whistling:  :happy1:
Mr Gee

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Mr Gee on Thursday, 10 September  2026, 05:20 AMFitted the battery this afternoon. Although it wasn't afternoon when I started.  :evil:

Skills required, a blend of Ballet and Acrobatics.  :furious:

This has led me to conclusion that all, Designers of absolutely, anything. Should be made to assemble, disassemble and carry out maintenance procedures, on whatever they design, before it gets built and sold to the public.  :frustrated:

Rant over.  :whistling:  :happy1:

Ones like older GSX's having the battery under the airbox where you couldn't jump or charge it were fixable.

Having the ECU buried deep in a bikes fairing that needs an hours work to access were worse but thankfully generated the manufacture of extended access leads.

One of my favourites was they put a speedo cable in a Mitsubishi Ute, clipped it multiple times to the bulkhead in the engine bay, THEN put the engine and gearbox in against it.

The first time we split a tractor in half the change clutch plates I did wonder how many the designers had done themselves. 

Now Suzuki are building stuff into software that after 4 years work the worlds best can't unlock, so folk are making external overrides, I know that's not the same thing... but it's an example of how vehicles are designed and not for the better.

I'm sure Grog could write a book on this sort of thing with his experience.


.

Hooli

Major service on a recent LR Disco or RR means lifting the body off. Same for turbo replacement. Although places have apparently found ways around it.
They aren't designed to be fixed, they're designed to be as easy as possible to assemble to save money running the factory.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk