News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Any photographers here?

Started by VladTepes, Wednesday, 08 February 2017, 11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

For anyone who knows what I'm talking about...

I need you to:

- take a digital photograph with the camera rotated 90 deg i.e. turned so its portrait rather than landscape format.

- ensure the EXIF data is intact  (and if technically minded that rotation information has been saved by the camera)

- attach the pic as an attachment to a post (below). Do NOT select any rotation options when attaching the pic - leave as it.

I am testing the auto-rotate feature. It SHOULD work, but only if there is relevant EXIF information in the image file.

Thank you.
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol


Here's one for you Mike, dunno if the info you want is in there or not, but it's been taken with a 90 degree rotation of the camera.


Pulled on my maiden voyage -  :facepalm:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

When viewed on your computer does it look like that or sideways?

(Then he thinks that the computer might autorotate it with camera settings...hmm.)
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

As displayed here Mike, Opposite to most other pic's I take.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

VladTepes

I mean when displayed on his computer, not on the forum.  It's probably academic though.
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

Yer want I should upload it again WITH a 90 degree rotation (to make it landscape) an see what happens?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

KiwiCol


There's no rotation option on the upload page.  I'll post it then edit it & see if the rotate is an option there.


Bugger me, it's there now, (after I pushed post).  Rotated 270 degrees.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

AS in rotate it on your computer THEN upload it?  Not sure if that'd work (as a test) but would be interesting nonetheless.

(Auto -image rotation relies entirely on EXIF data. This is recorded by the camera and I don;t THINK computer editing changes it)
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

It came out right way up??

Maybe your auto rotate thingy is working after all Mike.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk