News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Hipsters and their bikes

Started by essexboydave, Sunday, 23 July 2017, 10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Tug, one of the best motors ever fitted to a motorcycle. ive had a few, modified a few. not the best frame but i never had a prob. sound unreal. i bought a brand new in 1975, rode it 2 th ks to brisbane. changed cams, exhaust, whole body work to cafe racer. could top out at 200ks, blow off cb750 honda. then turned it into a chopper, extended forks, king/queen seat. also good. loved that bike. will look for a pic.

Tug

Grog

They are good engines and must be one of the most customised bikes due to the look of the engine, as you made yours into a cafe racer first :stir: are you sure you are not a closet Hipster
Definitely maybe

VladTepes

Quote from: essexboydave on Sunday, 23 July  2017, 10:11 PM
the way they like to customise various "classics" like CX500's and Super Dreams-I use the term "classic" rather loosely here though as I've never liked either bike ;)

:upu:

I have a beard but nobody could mistake me for a hipster.
I don't have a freaking man bun though...  :jack:

I do have a CX500 (in boxes largely :rofl3: ) that I am customising.
I'd certainly not describe it as a classic though, if it were I wouldn't be screwing with it would I....

Oh and I'm on a CX500 forum and none of the guys on there that I've met are even remotely hipster, and nor do I get that impression of the ones I haven't met.
I suspect that's because bikers like to fiddle with their own bikes when building cafĂ©-racers / custom bikes.  Hipsters just throw a pile of money at Deus ex Machina....

Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

grog

Tug, no closet would fit me in. we just used to play around with ideas/bikes. was a fun thing, never classified ourselves into a certain group. still doing same 45 yrs later. old 650 motor certainly a good looker but 14 motor is also.

VladTepes

Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Rufus

Get your Hipster Video Bingo cards ready !








VladTepes

Yeah I think I know what crop he's been farming... and smoking.
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk