News:

20 January 2026 was our 9th birthday! We're flying toward double digits.

Main Menu

External fuel pump & regulator

Started by Buck, Thursday, 20 May 2021, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ade

That is the fuel pump I went for, it's a Fuel Parts pattern pump for Ford Mondeo 2.0l to 2.2l. The regulator is vacuum fed but I have spare take offs on the TB's and a Bosch filter for a 2l Ford.

grog

Ade I have external filter on 14, very compact, cleanable. Just thought might suit yours.

Ade

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 08 October  2026, 06:38 PMAde I have external filter on 14, very compact, cleanable. Just thought might suit yours.
I looked at similar ones, I might upgrade later on, spending a fortune on parts at the moment so went for an £8 car filter.

Ade

I have been looking into fuel pressure regulators and all the custom ones have vacuum take offs. I was looking for info on fitting them and it turns out you only need the vacuum spout for boosted applications, it adjusts the pressure with the boost. Happy cos I thought I had got the wrong one. The one that came with the large 044 style pump was wrong. It only has an inlet and a return to fuel tank valve. The new one I got has an inlet, outlet and a return to fuel tank outlet. It has a blanking plug so I will blank off the return to fuel pump fitting and just use the in/out ones.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk