VIN interpretation ?

Started by VladTepes, Tuesday, 08 January 2019, 12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

I thought we had something on this but can't find it.

How do we interpret the VIN's on our bikes? What characters / codes mean what?

example:  JS1BN121300101332

Thanks
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

black14

I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

VladTepes

#2
Hmm according to that my MY (digit 10) as zero is incorrect - no valid model year ?

So maybe that database isn't all that correct?

and this doesn't seem right either.. https://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-decode-motorcycle-engine-serial-numbers

this http://vinfreecheck.com/vin-decoder?showerror=1&vin=JS1BN121300101332 tells me it's an invalid VIN
as does  https://www.faxvin.com/vin-decoder?error

That's what my rego paper shows - I'll have to find it on the bike and check it.


Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Sweaty

Don't worry to much Mike, it's doing the same thing for me. I have my original report from CheckVIN and am entering the correct vin # on these site's but it is saying its not valid etc.
They probably do that, so you panick and pay for a report ;)

My original CheckVIN report when i bought the bike cost me $10

shanered6

I think the vin code on bikes is different to cars !
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

froudy

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

SheepDog

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 08 January  2019, 12:02 PM

example:  JS1BN121300101332


I'll see your VIN number Vlad and raise you:

                JS1BN121300101045

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk