Clean out your Fuel Filters and Tank - and other tips!

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynglieder

Thanks for all the words of wisdom.

The Haynes manual suggested that two seals should be replaced and I checked them out on the Robinsons Foundry website - they are still available, but would add nearly fifty quid to the job (the teabags came from Ebay at £5 for a pack of two) and as I have been living out of my pension pot for six years already I'm being frugal where I can.

I'll run with reusing the existing O rings, if I get a leak the GSX will have to be laid up until I source the parts, at least I an in the fortunate position of having other bikes I can use.

Pete.

grog

buy some rubber grease for O ring, wont be a problem.

Hooli

I've never replaced an O-ring and done the job loads of times.

Use a smear of red rubber grease on the O-ring that goes inside the fuel filter outlet too. I managed to crack a filter when that one jammed as I pushed it together once.

grog

Pete, while apart I'd be changing the high pressure filter. The Busa ones are very cheap, I have a spare but distance kills from donating.


grog


T250

If I remember correctly the Busa ones have a brass thread on top which we don't need on our bikes so can be ignored...just in case you go chasing for "THAT" bit which you can't find as it never existed  :laugh:

Eric GSX1400K3

Correct.  I've done the hp filter bypass, but for about 30AUD would be good to have an oem style
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Mr Gee

Quote from: Rynglieder on Monday, 17 August  2026, 05:45 PMThanks for all the words of wisdom.

The Haynes manual suggested that two seals should be replaced and I checked them out on the Robinsons Foundry website - they are still available, but would add nearly fifty quid to the job (the teabags came from Ebay at £5 for a pack of two) and as I have been living out of my pension pot for six years already I'm being frugal where I can.

I'll run with reusing the existing O rings, if I get a leak the GSX will have to be laid up until I source the parts, at least I an in the fortunate position of having other bikes I can use.

Pete.

Check out WeBike Japan for your bits. Helps if you have got the part numbers first. But will probably, be a lot, cheaper and arrive a lot, faster too.
Mr Gee

Stevel3

I just did a search for a new filter kit. The price varies quite a lot. A Quantum brand from RPM in Australia is $209, on Ebay they are only $65 but unbranded. Is it better to go with a branded one for better quality.

grog

No kit really needed Steve.Those are pump prices which not needed at 18k. Pump out, clean tea bag,wire around regulator, high pressure filter, a few options. External mod, order Busa filter off eBay or clean original best you can, you'll never get it totally clean imo.Rubber grease on O ring to refit.

Stevel3

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 23 August  2026, 10:12 AMNo kit really needed Steve.Those are pump prices which not needed at 18k. Pump out, clean tea bag,wire around regulator, high pressure filter, a few options. External mod, order Busa filter off eBay or clean original best you can, you'll never get it totally clean imo.Rubber grease on O ring to refit.
Thanks mate

grog

Forgot can also buy genuine high pressure filter 15410-42F00 around $650 😂

Eric GSX1400K3

Quantum are good pumps, I think they also sell separate parts as in teabag filters, haven't checked.

As grog says, new pump not needed, just a clean
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Meant to say put some F10 fuel treatment in. I use it in cars, bike, mower etc. Keeps fuel fresh, cleans and stops corrosion. $15 at Repco, lasts forever.👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk