News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Ears

Started by grog, Saturday, 28 December 2024, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pommeroy

I recently decided to try something different to the common, yellow foam ones I had found worked best for me, so like Jeykey I splashed out on the Alpine MotoSafe Pro ones. The black ones for road use ("medium protection") were useless, and it felt like I had nothing in. However, the red ones ("high protection") were better. I'm unconvinced they are better, for me, than my usual foam ones, but I've only done a couple of rides with them so far.
There's always room in the world for a bit more tolerance and kindness.

Rob

grog

#16
Today i checked my current ear plugs against new set of same. Seems they get a bit harder with use, noticeable difference.Problem solved,much nicer fit. 18 decibel rating, can hear most but cuts helmet wind noise. $3 pair, cord is a must for me.

GSXKING

Port (Red) = Left
Green = Right (Starboard)

These are Earmold fitted/squirted at a Laverda Concourse circa 2000-2001 a show special for $100 from my Alzheimer addled memory lol 😂
So I think excellent value for money.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

GSXKING

#18
So today I had the opportunity to have my earplugs that are roughly 20+ years old professionally cleaned and resealed by Julie at DesignEars formerly Earmold. I think I paid $70 back then and today cost $15. The technology has changed and now they offer full silicone which are much firmer for $110. Your choice of colour and design they have many options. Incredible service with a smile Julie is a great lady. I highly recommend them and their products.
I have posted pics  :cheers:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

VladTepes

I definitely have to get me some of those - when we did the Oxley Road MCR years back my ears got really sore from cheap arse foam expanding earplugs.

Your idea of having red/green to quickly identify which one for which ear is fantastic!

I am debating whether to get conventional ones or a set of bluetooth ones for music listening on longer trips. 
Ottomans: 'Hippity hoppity, Vienna's our property"
...and then the Winged Hussars arrived.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"
YouTube:  LandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

I've used the cheap foam ones, no good.  Next is the corded ones, a little better.
I also want to get the moulded ones.

My Shoei has the Sena unit, can hear plenty through std ear plugs, no need for fancy BT ear plugs in my opinion.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk