GSX1400 Owners .org

General => Off Topic => Topic started by: KiwiCol on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 06:15 PM

Title: Spammers Gone
Post by: KiwiCol on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 06:15 PM
Hey guys, Just clicked in for a look and saw what was happening, both users have been banned and the garbage spam has been binned.  Normal service has resumed . . . . :onya:
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: Blubber on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 09:30 PM
Almost there Jace 023...

https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4642
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: Eric GSX1400K3 on Saturday, 26 September 2026, 09:49 PM
Now I see what you mean, thanks for looking after this place Col
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: Tally on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 03:43 AM
 @admin I am inundated with temu crap by jace someone or other how do I get rid of them ??. Tally.
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: KiwiCol on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 04:23 AM
Just got up (a mans gotta sleep sometime) had a look in here, I see a 4th one has slipped through, gonski now & posts deleted.  I'll keep watching out.
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: KiwiCol on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 02:19 PM
Persistent buggers aren't they!   Just killed another one.
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: Tally on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 05:55 PM
Thanks @kiwi col all gone  :onya:  :onya:
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: KiwiCol on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 07:20 PM
We were just hit again, killed 2 more and deleted the junk.  Dave & Mike appear MIA at the moment, so it's just me. I have changed the registration from 'Email Activation' to 'Admin Approval'   This will add an extra step for real people wanting to join, but it will stop the forum being spammed by bots.  I see this as a temporary measure till Mike surfaces and sorts out CleanTalk.

I'm interested to know if you guys can still see the spam posts on the right after I have deleted it?   It's still there for me, I know it's in the bin, but the heading is still showing on the right, is it like that for you guys too? or have all the crap posts gone completely?
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: GSXKING on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 07:22 PM
No Col gone altogether on my phone app 👍
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: Eric GSX1400K3 on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 07:24 PM
All gone
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: Jeykey on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 07:38 PM
All gone. Thanks.
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: KiwiCol on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 07:51 PM
Brilliant, thx guys. 
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: grog on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 08:08 PM
Gone
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: KiwiCol on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 09:41 PM
LOL, guess who has just signed up again, 2 bots!  but the admin authorising is keeping them OUT!  Yahoo!  

Nope, my error, it's the ban that's keeping them out. No doubt they will change their sign in and try again, that's when the Admin authorisation will keep them out.  I can sleep easy now, not wondering if these mongrels are spamming the site.
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: Dwain Dibley on Sunday, 27 September 2026, 11:02 PM
Good Job Fellas, well Done.

D.D.
Title: Re: Spammers Gone
Post by: Kiwifruit on Monday, 28 September 2026, 05:29 PM
Thanks Col  :cheers: