GSX1400 Owners .org

General => Bike Chat => Topic started by: Idh on Wednesday, 16 September 2026, 05:33 PM

Title: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Idh on Wednesday, 16 September 2026, 05:33 PM
My girl is 21 today!

After a few months off the road with throttle body issues, she's just done a 400 mile mini tour round Northumberland.

Ran beautifully.

Happy birthday!!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Stepdoug on Thursday, 17 September 2026, 05:14 AM
Quote from: Idh on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 05:33 PMMy girl is 21 today!

After a few months off the road with throttle body issues, she's just done a 400 mile mini tour round Northumberland.

Ran beautifully.

Happy birthday!!
Pretty sure you could have got a bit more on it
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Hooli on Thursday, 17 September 2026, 05:50 AM
I'm just confused by what appears to be a tent & stuff, 400 miles is just a decent day out.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Pommeroy on Thursday, 17 September 2026, 04:42 PM
Best to be prepared in case the throttle body issues resurfaced...a man after my own heart.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Idh on Friday, 18 September 2026, 05:10 AM
Quote from: Stepdoug on Thursday, 17 September  2026, 05:14 AM
Quote from: Idh on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 05:33 PMMy girl is 21 today!

After a few months off the road with throttle body issues, she's just done a 400 mile mini tour round Northumberland.

Ran beautifully.

Happy birthday!!
Pretty sure you could have got a bit more on it

Lol, yep! That was my first ever camping trip, so was just practicing
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Stepdoug on Friday, 18 September 2026, 06:41 AM
Quote from: Idh on Friday, 18 September  2026, 05:10 AM
Quote from: Stepdoug on Thursday, 17 September  2026, 05:14 AM
Quote from: Idh on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 05:33 PMMy girl is 21 today!

After a few months off the road with throttle body issues, she's just done a 400 mile mini tour round Northumberland.

Ran beautifully.

Happy birthday!!
Pretty sure you could have got a bit more on it

Lol, yep! That was my first ever camping trip, so was just practicing
blimey had less on mine traveling round Europe for two weeks.  Inc taking the wife
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Hooli on Friday, 18 September 2026, 09:32 AM
I'll hide my rally packing pics then, but then I do take a huge tent and uncrushable sleeping bag.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Pommeroy on Friday, 18 September 2026, 03:09 PM
Quote from: Stepdoug on Friday, 18 September  2026, 06:41 AM
Quote from: Idh on Friday, 18 September  2026, 05:10 AM
Quote from: Stepdoug on Thursday, 17 September  2026, 05:14 AM
Quote from: Idh on Wednesday, 16 September  2026, 05:33 PMMy girl is 21 today!

After a few months off the road with throttle body issues, she's just done a 400 mile mini tour round Northumberland.

Ran beautifully.

Happy birthday!!
Pretty sure you could have got a bit more on it

Lol, yep! That was my first ever camping trip, so was just practicing
blimey had less on mine traveling round Europe for two weeks.  Inc taking the wife

If you take more stuff, there's no room for the wife.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Hooli on Friday, 18 September 2026, 03:11 PM
There's some words of wisdom!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: GSXKING on Saturday, 19 September 2026, 08:58 PM
@Hooli
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: GSXKING on Saturday, 19 September 2026, 09:00 PM
@Hooli
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Idh on Monday, 28 September 2026, 07:28 AM
Well I  used everything I took, so not sure what you guys take!
Tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, warm clothes for sitting out, chair, small stove,pan, knife and fork, tool kit and some pants! Bought food and drink on arrival
Sleeping bag and warm clothes were vacuum packed too!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Kiwifruit on Monday, 28 September 2026, 05:42 PM
I reckon the more you go camping the less you take. Really enjoy tenting on the bike.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Tony Nitrous on Monday, 28 September 2026, 06:01 PM
Quote from: Idh on Monday, 28 September  2026, 07:28 AMnot sure what you guys take!

Wallet, pills, tooth brush.
A pair of trainers so I don't have to wear bike boots.

Gave up camping a while back.
Camped all over the UK and France.

Now I like a roof over my head, a nice bed and my own bathroom.

Much to my ex-Mrs disgust if I take any clothes it's my very worst socks, undies and T-shirts, and I bin them when they get changed !
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Hooli on Monday, 28 September 2026, 06:48 PM
Quote from: Idh on Monday, 28 September  2026, 07:28 AMWell I  used everything I took, so not sure what you guys take!
Tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, warm clothes for sitting out, chair, small stove,pan, knife and fork, tool kit and some pants! Bought food and drink on arrival
Sleeping bag and warm clothes were vacuum packed too!


Not the best pic to compare, and I've no idea what the white thing on the front wheel was but..


Packed Up (600 x 450).jpg


Only the essentials for a rally...

big 4 man tent, large enough to stand & sit around in as I share with a mate
chair
sleeping bag (not crushy)
clothes
wash bag & medication
ten pack of cider & hip flask with something in it
camp bed
several lights/torches etc for the tent
tankard, teabags etc - no cooker as she takes hers
waterproofs just in case
puncture kit & tiny footpump
basic selection of tools
and most importantly my top hat!

I've added a second sleeping bag now it's got cooler as neither of them are brilliant. Oh & my clear visor goes around the tophat now the evenings are darker in case I don't rush home.
I really should put something under the seat, but I never think of it until the bags are strapped on.
BTW my £41 80ltr dry sack from aliexpress is as good as the £120 Oxford one, both have the stepped centre so it hangs down over the side of the seat to keep the weight lower.

I've reversed the packing now, the drysack goes on the seat with the tent behind it as it all straps down tighter & doesn't move when enjoying the ride.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: grog on Monday, 28 September 2026, 07:14 PM
I really miss that camping stuff, 71 old bones just don't do it. Can remember one camping trip, I set off on 350k run, carton of stubbies, 24 beers, bottle of rum strapped on as well. I was a bit behind mates so very fast trip, 750 Suzuki. Straps cut thru carton, no beers left when I arrived
Title: Re: Happy Birthday!!
Post by: Tony Nitrous on Monday, 28 September 2026, 08:27 PM
(https://i.ibb.co/RG50fTfR/IMG-7268.jpg) (https://imgbb.com/)

(https://i.ibb.co/VctfBMQK/IMG-6291.jpg) (https://ibb.co/67mjsD1d)

(https://i.ibb.co/rf54mXTf/IMG-7271.jpg) (https://imgbb.com/)

(https://i.ibb.co/wFNqFvcj/IMG-4354.jpg) (https://imgbb.com/)