GSX1400 Owners .org

Rides & Meets => Australia & New Zealand => Topic started by: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 13 September 2026, 01:32 PM

Title: Tauranga to Tauranga
Post by: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 13 September 2026, 01:32 PM
Last night the bride suggested going for a ride if the day dawned fine. So off we went, on to state highway two in Bethlehem heading for Katikati. On we go to Waihi Beach, bit of a detour to Bownentown where I took these photos. Bowentown Entrance is one end of Matakana Island the other end is the entrance at Mt Maunganui. This forms the Tauranga Harbour.Turn 180 degrees and you are looking along Waihi Beach. Pretty part of the country, quiet now chaotic in summer. Rode through Waihi Beach township and into Waihi. Had some lunch then off to Paeroa and through to Te Aroha along the foot of the Kaimai Ranges. Lots of trees just starting to blossom and plenty of calves in the farm paddocks. Back over the Kaimais and home by 2.30. Great day out on the scoota  :onya: 

20260913_104946.jpg
20260913_104809.jpg
Title: Re: Tauranga to Tauranga
Post by: KiwiCol on Sunday, 13 September 2026, 01:51 PM
Great Col, I'll be up there in March doing the loop. My Bro will be with me on his Thruxton 900.
Title: Re: Tauranga to Tauranga
Post by: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 13 September 2026, 02:27 PM
Awesome Col. Plenty of room at this Inn  :cheers:
Title: Re: Tauranga to Tauranga
Post by: KiwiCol on Sunday, 13 September 2026, 06:15 PM
I've got you pegged for morning tea. We'll be going from Whakatane to Whangamatata, so not that big a day, plenty of time to call in n chat.
Title: Re: Tauranga to Tauranga
Post by: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 13 September 2026, 08:18 PM
I'm hoping to head to Alexandra maybe in November to visit grandies.
Title: Re: Tauranga to Tauranga
Post by: Snapey on Saturday, 19 September 2026, 10:32 PM
The first time I went over to see big brother I did the Cooks tour from Auckland to Tauranga in a Datsun Stanza hire car. Fabulous scenery once we saw water. https://tinyurl.com/385an7ba
Title: Re: Tauranga to Tauranga
Post by: Kiwifruit on Tuesday, 22 September 2026, 06:34 PM
Hi Pete. We often go to Auckland around the Firth of Thames. Great riding through Waihi, Paeroa, Ngatea, Kaiaua,. Kawakawa Bay, Cleveland, Maraetai, Whitford into Howick and back into suburbia.
Wish I could do the map route thing, but cannot. Nice pubs in Kaiaua and Clevedon.