GSX1400 Owners .org
Technically Speaking => General Technical discussion => Topic started by: Podpeeze on Tuesday, 08 September 2026, 07:22 PM
Hi all!
I've sprung a leak on my oil cooler..
I've trawled the search button but can't find the answers im looking for.
The leak seems to be coming from the bottom left corner. I've ordered an o ring just in case its just that but lack the tools or talent to look deeper :8:
Can anyone advise? I know its difficult to diagnose from a pic but I know people have had experience in this.
Many thanks,
Jon :cheers:
The short answers is "They all do that sir", normally by 50k miles or so.
Get an aftermarket cooler with the triangular end tanks & it'll never be a problem again. Something like this https://ebay.io/m/hP9Xkz
I think that's the same one I put on my Bloo Thing but a few companies make them & they all work. Covers etc still fit, unlike the HEL offering that even hits the yokes on full lock.
Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 08 September 2026, 07:42 PMThe short answers is "They all do that sir", normally by 50k miles or so.
Get an aftermarket cooler with the triangular end tanks & it'll never be a problem again. Something like this https://ebay.io/m/hP9Xkz
I think that's the same one I put on my Bloo Thing but a few companies make them & they all work. Covers etc still fit, unlike the HEL offering that even hits the yokes on full lock.
Cheers Hooli :onya:
Quote from: Podpeeze on Tuesday, 08 September 2026, 07:22 PMHi all!
I've sprung a leak on my oil cooler..
I've trawled the search button but can't find the answers im looking for.
The leak seems to be coming from the bottom left corner. I've ordered an o ring just in case its just that but lack the tools or talent to look deeper :8:
Can anyone advise? I know its difficult to diagnose from a pic but I know people have had experience in this.
Many thanks,
Jon :cheers:
that cooler has been off before or has moved. The bottom edge of the cooler is not sitting right,it should be supported by the little U shaped bracket off the frame. If not, the cooler core is pushed forwards and vibrates too much and they crack exactly where yours has. Take care when the new one goes in that you or who ever fits it locates it on those brackets first, then fit the bolt in the top bracket.
Have a Mate owns radiator shop, have always meant to ask if he could make a 14 cooler, have always forgot as well. He has catalogues of heaps of different sizes cores, Coolex after all is just a radiator shop.
I have a Coolex on my K5 and I'm very happy with it fitted very neatly.