Hi All, new member here, been riding over 40years and grew up with the big muscle bikes of the day, just picked up a nice 08 registered gsx 14 with 14k on the clock, power commander, stage one yoshi cams and its a hoot to ride.I have just retired and looking forward to trips from manchester to scottish highlands on the bike.I also have a KTM 1290 adventure but it doesnt make me smile as much as the 14 does.
Ayup Macca, apparently they are great fun with Yoshi cams. I've never tried one myself, but I did ride with one & it vanished up the road rather well in front of me. 14k isn't even run in for one of these either, so you've got a bike for life there.
I'm overdue a Scottish trip myself, there is some fantastic riding up there isn't there?
Hi Hooli, yes fantastic roads and scenery up there, i have freinds and family there and now i am retired i am selling up and moving there. getting off the ktm 1290 and on to the 14 thought would be a little bit tamer but not at all, i am well impressed with it and if we ever cross paths you are welcome to take it for a blast.
Welcome to the fold Macca. You are going to love it. :smitten:
:welcome1:
Greetings from the West Midlands.
We like pics........ :popcorn: :popcorn:
D.D.
Welcome Macca, you should have some fun on the old girl. Plenty of knowledgeable (geeky almost) gits on here...sadly, I'm not one of them.
Gidday Macca, welcome to the forum mate. Feel free to put some pic's of said ST1 laden beast, we like pics . . . :onya:
Welcome from the Netherlands. :cheers:
Welcome Mate👍
Welcome mate, straight to the top of the tree, '08 model, yoshi st1, pc. Wow.
Enjoy.
Welcome Macca :cheers:
Welcome to the forum Macca. :onya:
G'day Macca and welcome to the nuthouse.
So many questions. Pictures would be appreciated by the vouyers here.
I'm intrigued to know if you bought it modified ? Was it someone from this group etc.etc.?
Hi gsxking, Thanks for the welcome, i bought the bike as it is from a guy called dean who lives about 45miles from me and he was the 6th owner and he bought it from a bike shop, the bike came with receipts and dyno chart for the work done. having a had 6 owners it may well have been previously owned by someone in this group. As for photos i would not know where to start sending photos i will have to wait till my bro calls round.
Mines a one owner purchased October 2001.
Picked up on a Wednesday booked first service 1000kms the next Monday. Then Wednesday rode to Phillip Island from Brisbane for MotoGP and back.
That year I did 25,000kms I was on sabbatical best run in ever. 180,000+kms now stock standard motor. 👍 :cheers: :cheers:
Wow thats good goin,just shows how good these bikes are,sadly we dont get year round sunshine i need to move to australia.
Quote from: macca on Saturday, 29 August 2026, 12:31 AMHi gsxking, Thanks for the welcome, i bought the bike as it is from a guy called dean who lives about 45miles from me and he was the 6th owner and he bought it from a bike shop, the bike came with receipts and dyno chart for the work done. having a had 6 owners it may well have been previously owned by someone in this group. As for photos i would not know where to start sending photos i will have to wait till my bro calls round.
I'm considering a full motor rebuild some time in the future and going the 1500cc option along with blueprint everything.
I did a RoadKing HD in 2000 and it went from 55 rear wheel hp to 85 and loads more torque, looked stock standard to the uninitiated. 13 second quartermile with a fatarse on board 😵�💫
very nice, sounds like a good plan with the 15 rebuild,i did route 66 on a rented road king and was suprised how much i liked the bike.
Welcome !
It's taxing but we are eager to see the Gsx1400 porn pics once you work it out ...
(https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/gallery/0/1-290517235220.png)