Im looking at putting a tank pad on my black tank. I want some very subtle, maybe a clear one. Anyone with one fitted to a black bike could you put up a photo and where you got,
Thanks Steve.
Get a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up :rolleyes: :stir:
Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 11:11 AMGet a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up :rolleyes: :stir:
:rofl2:
Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 11:11 AMGet a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up :rolleyes: :stir:
beat me to it Chris, was going to say a black one doesn't need a protector as it cant go fast enough to get any damage, perhaps training wheels in case it falls over in the garage?
Black on black but it hasn't slowed it down.20260827_143325.jpg
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 12:44 PMQuote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 11:11 AMGet a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up :rolleyes: :stir:
beat me to it Chris, was going to say a black one doesn't need a protector as it cant go fast enough to get any damage, perhaps training wheels in case it falls over in the garage?
I think it might be that the black scares some which is why they need to settle for a blue one
:rofl2:
Quote from: Stevel3 on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 04:48 PMQuote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 12:44 PMQuote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 11:11 AMGet a blue and white tank protector and you'll find the bike will speed up :rolleyes: :stir:
beat me to it Chris, was going to say a black one doesn't need a protector as it cant go fast enough to get any damage, perhaps training wheels in case it falls over in the garage?
I think it might be that the black scares some which is why they need to settle for a blue one
:rofl2:
yeah, need a fast bike to get away, so a B/W 1402 is THE obvious choice...
Thinking about either of these.
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 02:38 PMBlack on black but it hasn't slowed it down.20260827_143325.jpg
Great for protection but i like to see my shiny black paint. 😊
Steve I have one under there but haven't seen it for at least 10 years I'll take it off tomorrow and post a pic.
Quote from: Stevel3 on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 04:57 PMQuote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 02:38 PMBlack on black but it hasn't slowed it down.20260827_143325.jpg
Great for protection but i like to see my shiny black paint. 😊
Black Bike Matter :stir: :stir: :stir: but who cares :frustrated:
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 27 August 2026, 02:38 PMBlack on black but it hasn't slowed it down.20260827_143325.jpg
I've got one of them but don't want to slow the Bloo Thing down :lol:
20260828_141003.jpg
Quote from: Irish in Oz on Friday, 28 August 2026, 02:14 PM20260828_141003.jpg
I´ve got this same one but after 10 years it´s becoming scratched and even the tank where there´s no protector is a wee bit scratched. I think I´ll replace it with 3M Polyurethane Protective Tape 8681HS, aka helicopter tape, with the above design, maybe slightly larger. They don´t yellow, resist time. Only now I´ve installed some on the front of the fork stanchions; pretty disguised, barely noticeable.