News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

U.K. 2021 GSX1400 meet

Started by Big Phil, Thursday, 24 December 2020, 08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Phil

Hi All,
         As I have stated previously I love this forum and think it would be fantastic to meet some of you Guy's in person. So what about setting up a U.K. meet for 14 owners from all over the U.K. in 2021 if the fxxking virus restrictions allow.

If anyone is interested I was thinking the planned MCN show on 15-16th of May at the East of England Arena, Peterborough would be a great venue. Guy's from different areas could even arrange to meet up in groups and ride to the Arena together.

Thoughts🤔

Hooli

There's normally a big meet at Skyehouse in Yorkshire every year. June or July time I think, at the Old George pub.

Big Phil

Venue doesn't matter to me at all Hooli. Would just like for as many 14 owners to meet up in one place on one date (or multiple places on multiple dates) Whatever works best for the majority. Personally I will find my way to "wherever"  if there is enough interest.

DP1400

Count me in Phil, great idea :onya:

I like the Peterborough suggestion too.

For those not fancying more than a 400mile round trip it may be an idea to have two separate meet-ups a few weeks apart. Call them what you will but a Southern meet and a Northern meet sounds logical. We did the same year on year with the Kawasaki Triples Club and it worked really well.

:cheers:

Hooli

Quote from: DP1400 on Thursday, 24 December  2020, 04:45 PM
Count me in Phil, great idea :onya:

I like the Peterborough suggestion too.

For those not fancying more than a 400mile round trip it may be an idea to have two separate meet-ups a few weeks apart. Call them what you will but a Southern meet and a Northern meet sounds logical. We did the same year on year with the Kawasaki Triples Club and it worked really well.

:cheers:

Pretty much what we had on the old Org, you're right it did work well.

MCR (magic carpet run) somewhere northish, it was Inchnadamph, NW Scotland one year. This has turned into the annual Sykehouse meet as it's stopped moving about these days.

SCR (southern carpet run) down south somewhere.

Most of the people who do Sykehouse are from the old Org anyway, so you'll see more 14s there. Up to you lot of course, I don't tend to bother with any of the meets.

seth

At some point next year I'll be sorting another Scottish meet up (not just for Scottish resident's) of the org
Just need to see how things pan out and hopefully it'll be towards the end of the summer.  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 24 December  2020, 08:39 PM
At some point next year I'll be sorting another Scottish meet up (not just for Scottish resident's) of the org
Just need to see how things pan out and hopefully it'll be towards the end of the summer.  :cheers:

I might be up for that, if it's not too far. I don't want to put too many miles on my bike  :lol:

seth

Have a different route sorted for the next time around west perthshire .
@Hooli you'll be ok your bikes just about run in fully now  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Globalrider

One such meet!
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Bob

I'm up for this just need to reassemble my bike

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 24 December  2020, 08:57 PM

I might be up for that, if it's not too far. I don't want to put too many miles on my bike  :lol:
Can always get a covered  trailer Hooli, dont want to spoil that custom road grime look...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Globalrider on Friday, 25 December  2020, 02:50 AM
One such meet!

Stroll on @Globalrider  - I was at that meet !!!! (see picture)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

AndyB

Just need to see how things pan out and hopefully it'll be towards the end of the summer. 

You can almost guarantee I,ll be offshore when this gets organised , I miss "EVERYTHING "  , However  should the stars align, and I'm actually off, I'm 100% up for that seth  :clapping:
Bikes , beer , blondes ........& Bacon🤣😎

Hooli

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Friday, 25 December  2020, 09:31 AM
Quote from: Globalrider on Friday, 25 December  2020, 02:50 AM
One such meet!

Stroll on @Globalrider  - I was at that meet !!!! (see picture)

I think I am too, but without going back though my own pics to check I'm not 100% that is one of the years I went.

Tink

I'd be interested in the Meet. Preferably National Motorbike Museum or Peterborough would suit Me, if I get bike back together :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just started a TLC mission as I've neglected her for 3 years playing with Aircooled RD400's :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk