News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

LED conversion

Started by Speedy1959, Saturday, 03 August 2019, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSXKING

@KiwiCol why do we see dungers on your version on RBT show on TV ? Are they actually illegal vehicles ? Usually driven by unlicensed imigrants ? or am I being a racist  :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

KiwiCol

Without seeing the program, I couldn't tell. However a lot of those featuring on that type of show are indeed dungers & not up to standard with underage / drunk or drugged drivers, who, most often don't give a toss - at the time anyway.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

seth

@Del led headlight thread we spoke about
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Tally

I have an led headlamp and it passes every single time

VladTepes

What size is that headlight? The ones I've seen available seem to be for cruisers 5.75" and 7". 
eg https://hoglights.com.au/collections/5-75-led-headlight-units

Are our headlights actually 6" or maybe they are actually 5.75"  ???
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

BlueDragon

I'd be interested in that headlight as well.

I installed a LED H4 replacement bulb and really wasn't impressed at all.  Even checked the headlight aim and it was fine.  Tried different adjustments and I thought it was worse than the standard H4 Halogen bulb that was in the bike when I bought it.  Which was an OSRAM bulb.  At least the OSRAM lit up the road, the LED bulb, whilst it looked fine in the driveway at night, out on the open road it felt like I had no headlight at all.

Thankfully I don't do much riding at night and if I do go out at night, I guess I am a little spoilt with the 4 headlights on my VFR.  With the same 2 LED bulbs in the Low-beam for the VFR - they seriously light up the road at night and when I hit high beam I can easily do the speed limit and more. 

The light was so bad on the GSX that I could barely do 60kph on a country road at night, I could barely see the road.

Speedy1959

There are LED's and there are LED's!

Tally

My headlight in that pic was bought from e-bay and was a direct swap,it just bolted in the original headlamp brackets. The light I use is generally for a land rover or jeep,I think it a 7". It also comes with a 3pin socket. I can't remember how much it cost though,but the amount is on one of my previous threads on this subject, hope this helps.

Tally

Just found my old thread,the headlamp was £160.

BlueDragon

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 04 November  2019, 10:41 PM
There are LED's and there are LED's!
I did a fair amount of research before I bought one for my bike.
There are some very cheap ones available on EBay. But the problem with those is that the LED chip isn't in the same place as the filaments in a Halogen bulb. That means they light the wrong part of the reflector which causes glare!
Glare means the light isn't being focused where it should be but scattered. 
I am VERY happy with the performance of my LED replacements.
S.

Yep.  I did a ton of research as well.  Bought the same bulb as you have in your pics.  Just wasn't impressed.  Wondering if the issue might be the reflector.

I bought a pair of bulbs and also tried them in my VFR - which was awesome. 

Not that I do much night riding, but if I get caught out for whatever reason - I like to see whats on the road.  Think I'll upgrade the whole headlight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk