News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Cancer Sux

Started by grog, Saturday, 03 February 2024, 06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

I dont usually post personal stuff. Today im just messed up, my beautiful Daughter had double mastectomy yesterday, seems so unfair. She came thru op ok, has more mental scars than her body does. So hard to talk to her. Sorry to bother you blokes but sort of puts polishing bike on back burner.I went and filled 14 up today but its just a blur at moment. Maybe wrong place to fit my emotions. Sorry.

Daytona

That's devastating news grog,,feel for you ,as we say here in Yorkshire "try an keep thi chin up pal..,,,,,and never forget,"it's good to talk"

Mick_J

That's really sad grog, cancer is a bastard.
My mother phoned me last week to tell me she has been diagnosed with it, just waiting for the doctor to tell her what the outlook is and when (and if) she can have an operation to sort it out.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

seth

You take care of your family grog .
Remember to come in here for a bit of support for you .
Whether you need to ramble, blow off some steam or just be with friends.
This place (yes mostly about 1 model of bike but) is full of some of the very best people on the planet.
Stay safe buddy  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Blubber

Yup, it sucks big time.

My mother recently had it twice in her breast.  First time they opted to just remove the bad bits as best as they could but it returned. Second time it needed to be a full amputation.

Mental scars are huge. My mother is 72 but does not like to be cuddled anymore by Dad as she now fears "intimicy" ( she is embarissed by the fact she only has 1 boob left )

When we remind her of the other outcome of having had Cancer, she does mellow down.

Hope it all works out for your daughter,

all the Best
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Rynglieder

Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

All I can say is that science is constantly producing better outcomes and care. Devastating I know, but look at what the situation would have been 50 years ago.

Pete.

Notty

Our thoughts are with you all Greg  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Eric GSX1400K3

All the best to your family mate.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

gsxbarmy

Feel for you buddy, both my sister and her daughter are both currently recovering from recent cancer operations, damn thing is a real bastard so can 100% understand how you feel and the mixed emotions. All you can do is be there to support, family always comes first. Best wishes to you all, especially your daughter.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Dwain Dibley

Just lost my mate, a fellow biker, to cancer...It's a bastard Matey.
Best wishes to your Daughter and hopes for a swift recovery.

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Will14

All the best to your daughter for a speedy recovery, also to you and the wider family. There should be professional support on offer to both your daughter and the family, grab it if there is a its there for good reason & this place will also offer positive support I am sure!

Cheers, Pete 

Kiwifruit

Sorry to hear that grog, can only wish her, you and your family well. Sometimes words don't cut it, right now I'm overloaded, just silence and that loving touch I'm finding very healing.
Kia Kaha.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

VladTepes

Sorry to hear that, the poor thing.

Mate all you can do is be an ear to listen and shoulder for her to lean on, nothing you can do to 'fix it' sadly.

And then we can be the ear to listen to you, when you have things to discuss / vent.

We're here for ya mate.

And yes cancer is a bastard alright.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Big Geordi

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 03 February  2024, 06:20 PMI dont usually post personal stuff. Today im just messed up, my beautiful Daughter had double mastectomy yesterday, seems so unfair. She came thru op ok, has more mental scars than her body does. So hard to talk to her. Sorry to bother you blokes but sort of puts polishing bike on back burner.I went and filled 14 up today but its just a blur at moment. Maybe wrong place to fit my emotions. Sorry.
Aye life can b pretty shite at times,what can u say? You just have to b there when she needs you,thoughts are with you

Boa

Worrying times. Glad she came through the operation ok. Hope she recovers well and kicks it into touch.

Thoughts are with all your family.
Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk