News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Starter Idle Gear

Started by Astroboy, Sunday, 08 April 2018, 02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astroboy

Hi Guys

Thought I'd come into the bar and see if I can get some help!.... so drinks are on me 😊👍

I've painted both my engine covers, but can't get the engine cover back on because I can't get the shaft out of the Starter Idle Gear to line up and go back in !  😳. doesn't seem to matter what I do I can't get it line up......is there a trick ?..... I must be doing something wrong!..... can someone tell me what to do ?
Thanks Astro 😊

Del

I never removed mine just slide the casing back over the shaft and bolted up - there is a knack to getting the gears to sit in the correct position - think its to turn the back wheel while in gear and then slide the 2 gears into position until the shaft locates everything in place

hope this helps

Del
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

seth

As your refitting the gear shaft slowly spin the motor backwards with a spanner and fit to the engine then refit the casing . :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

gsxbarmy

As Seth says, turn the engine in reverse with a spanner whilst inserting the shaft into the idler cog - it only needs to be nipped backwards to do this and the gear will slip straight back on.

When refitting the casing afterwards, do mind your fingers, as the magnets suddenly will pull the casing on which can nip! Also remember to get the 2 bolts with washers on in the right place, or you will leak oil
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Mister Fishfinger

I cheated and put the bike in gear, wiggled the back wheel. It was enough to get it all back in alignment.

You do need 3 hands though.

Astroboy

Wiggled the back wheel! Done !😊
Thanks you guys!... really appreciate the help .... have another one on me ! 😂
Astro

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk