News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Anyone ridden a kwaka zx1400

Started by Nic, Monday, 18 March 2024, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic

I'm "thinking" of selling my 1402, I've been thinking I'm getting a bit sick of the naked bike because where I live the wind never seems to stop and I was thinking I might be happier with a fared bike, so I went into Canberra and at Joe's MC shop they had a ZX1400 so I took it out.
I thought the low bar riding position would be a deal breaker but after a few kays it wasn't an issue and I could always put 2" risers on if needed.
I didn't get to ride the ZX for long and only in 80kph speed limits so I couldn't take it up to hiway speeds.
I got off the bike n said yeah, thanks for the test ride n got back on the 1402 to take the 75k hiway ride back home.
Strangely the 1402 felt like a spongy air buffeting disappointment when I got back on it.
I expected to feel right back at home but couldn't stop thinking about the ZX. This was around two weeks ago and the thought of selling my 1402 is stronger than ever.
Maybe I just need a change?
Any thoughts please.
@ Tony Nitrus, Tony, you had a ZX1400?

Eric GSX1400K3

What about putting a bikini fairing on the 1402?  Is it the ZX that has only 5 gears, or is that the Yamaha im thinking of?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Nic

6 gears on the ZX Eric, bikini, no way in the world mate, I chucked the one it came with in the bin, it was so noisy.

Dwain Dibley

Get the Kwakka and keep GSX....... :grin:

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Phill P

A friend had one, loved it, although almost stacked it into the back of a car that pulled into his lane whilst doing 160 plus on the german autobahn, new undercrackers needed after that . Very capable bike.

grog

Nic, rode one i think was 14. Only around town like you,out on open road would be awesome.Power like Busa, top quality everything. A real licence loser if i had one.Great bikes.

Irish in Oz

Nic

Yes, the green one is what I'd like too. On a whim, today I rode back to Joe's MC with the idea that I'd have another ride on the one I rode, you guessed it, bloody sold  :cry2:
So I just turned around and rode back home. In doing so I had the ride of my life on the 1402. I rode faster than the good ol law would have approved, man what a freakin great bike our gsx is, when you're out on the hiway and have the guts to abandon the boot on your throat, ie, the law, these bikes grow another leg. If you just saunter along not wanting to get into trouble it's all just so bloody boring. I think I've fallen back in love with mine. In saying that, I'd love a green ZX. 200 horses would be interesting lol.

Nic

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 19 March  2024, 05:23 PMNic, rode one i think was 14. Only around town like you,out on open road would be awesome.Power like Busa, top quality everything. A real licence loser if i had one.Great bikes.
There's one in Sydney with 125 thou kays but just under 5 grand, if it wasn't in Syd I'd go get it but I'm not riding in Syd traffic.

grog

Nic, blue one at Glenwood, on gumtree. $5500 negotiable. Looks good, twin Yoshis, rack, power commander.

Nic

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 19 March  2024, 06:16 PMNic, blue one at Glenwood, on gumtree. $5500 negotiable. Looks good, twin Yoshis, rack, power commander.
Yeah that's a nice lookin one but it's in Sydney.

grog

Nic

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 19 March  2024, 07:28 PMOn outskirts, youd be fine👍
Maybe, no rego though. Thanks for having a look mate, I'll be keeping my eyes open for one with a bit of rego and not in Sydney. One'll come up sooner or later, it took me 2 years to fine my Suzy.

grog

Nic, was talking to Mate today who owned ZX. He had a first model GSX14 for 13 yrs, 120 th ks. His thoughts were, gsx is fine but hard work at speed, ZX just a rocket, slips thru the air, any speed you want.Comfort, servicing, fuel mileage, tyres distance he never noticed much difference.Reckons hed own either again. Now has GTR Kawa, reckons a big step above other two, his words.

Nic

A mate asked if I'd had a look at the GTRs, so I had a look, yeah naa, don't like the look of em much.
When I was riding the ZX it has on the dash a readout as you ride, when I was just cruising at 80ks it said 14.2k per litre of fuel. I had 200ks on the gsx trip, I filled it up and it came to 17k per litre so quite a bit different and I've watched a few vids where they say the ZX does use more fuel. Anyway, like I said, I'll keep my eyes open, one will show up in the nsw country area just like my gsx did. Until then I'm happy to keep riding the gsx, I just don't want to have to maintain two bikes but I might end up doing just that :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk