News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

custom seat v cycling shorts

Started by Leyther, Sunday, 03 March 2024, 07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyther

Prices for custom seats are getting crazy, north of £300 for gel inserts and a piece of material to me is excessive, having spoken to a guy who is an upholsterer, he reckons its a two hour job to complete depending on what the customer wants, i have started to wear cycling shorts with inserts under my riding gear and it has made a huge difference comfort wise, the cost is £25, maybe an idea for bike clothing companies to latch on to, who knows, manufacturer and model specific undies LOL!...............
Why shake, rattle and roll when you can ride in style, get yourself a GSX1400..........................Any colour as long as its?

VladTepes

Harley and Ducati owners would have to wear their undies on the outside so they could show off the branding.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Hooli

Oi I resemble that remark!

it's actually cause we're supermen  :lol:

Kiwifruit

Have been using an Airhawk cushion. Took a bit of mucking around with. You need next to no air in them or you just roll around and are not connected to the bike. I've found it pretty comfortable.
I'd  be keen to give the bike shorts a go too.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tally

I use an inflatable seat by tourtecs, works very well , side bonus is that I have an extra couple of inches of legroom so my knees don't cramp up as much

grog

My seats fine for me. Extra long rides have a sheepskin cover, very good.Its lasted 39 yrs, good value i reckon, been on lots of bikes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk