News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Disc lock recomendations uk based

Started by Phill P, Thursday, 29 February 2024, 02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phill P

Hi all
Thinking about getting a disclock, I appreciate it won't stop someone who is really determined to take the bike but he may reconsider and go elsewhere.
I'm in the UK so looking for something available without importing it, what are you all using.

Cheers

Paul

Andre

Got an alarm disc lock FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS £19.99 I like it. In contrast to what others say on amazon, I found it very sensitive. Can't say anything to waterproof as it ever sees rain.   Won't withstand a crowbar. The included batteries were shite. Had it for 6 years now. In addition I have an abus without alarm

Hooli

Think mine's an Oxford Monster, it's on the bike currently so can't see it to check.

grog

Mines a Master, think thieves can remove most easily but makes me feel better. Loop cord to throttle or brake a necessity, hate to take off with one on. No idea which is best.

Mick_J

Anything with sold secure gold or platinum certification will do the job.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 29 February  2024, 03:48 AMThink mine's an Oxford Monster, it's on the bike currently so can't see it to check.

I was wrong!

It's Oxford HD Max.

Tally

Abus disc lock for me , keep it in the tray under the seat

Phill P

Cheers for the heads up everyone, quite a minefield of choice  :boogie2:

Notty

And don't ride off before you remove the disc lock - tried that and dropped the 14 and disc got bent - expensive mistake  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Phill P

I'm leaning towards the Oxford xa14, its alarmed and has the keeper cord but do need measure it will fit ok. I keep seeing on Facebook about the litelock x1 and x3 D lock, bit above my price at mo though

GSXKING

Quote from: Notty on Friday, 01 March  2024, 04:42 AMAnd don't ride off before you remove the disc lock - tried that and dropped the 14 and disc got bent - expensive mistake  :bugga:

No bent disc for me. However I tore a hamstring in my left leg trying to lower the bike to the ground safely 😳😩😩😩
Needless to say the lock is in a landfill somewhere.
I've never bothered with one since on any motorcycle I've owned.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Kiwifruit

I've a cheapo Oxford disc lock, don't think it would stop bike being stolen but it's a visual deterrent. Coily cord thing I thread one end over the brake lever and loop it around the throttle. I dread riding away with the lock on. So having it on the throttle is ideal.
What I don't use but should is the steering lock, unfortunately I find it difficult to use.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Dwain Dibley

I'm dubious after watching a mate on a brand new (at the time) TL1000, flying very gracefully thru the air and landing like a bag of s***e on the car park, after forgetting to take off his disc lock. The bike didn't fare too well either.   :rolleyes:

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Phill P

Went with the Oxford xa14,even got a discount so at a smidge over £50 it's a little piece of mind.
Thank you for the help everyone,  may try to get that D lock and chain in the future

seth

My 2p worth
I hate disc locks with a passion
I have a long Oxford chain and a very good lock that fits through the rear wheel and over the seat .
If gits nicely in the space above the battery in the battery box .
 :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk