The forum has lost a friend. R.I.P. Les

Started by VladTepes, Thursday, 11 January 2024, 02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Our admin and friend @lesmond has passed away suddenly from cancer.

For those who don't know - Les wasn't a rider. He was the fellow that developed the current theme for the site - giving it the unique (non-generic) look and feel we have. He also helped me maintain this place, assisting with updates and so on. Les lived in Leicester and leaves behind a loving family and dog.

He will be greatly missed.

Here's from another forum about how we found out.

December 10 2023

QuoteIt truly pains me to tell you all this, but:

A few months ago he told me he had bad pains in his stomach that wouldn't go away. They've ran all kinds of tests and scans, etc. on him but could find nothing. He was online maybe once per week, maybe. And even then he has been very brief. He's been spending most of his time laying down and trying to sleep cause the pain is so bad.

Two weeks he told me that he was in so much pain he just couldn't take it anymore. That bothered me a LOT because I've known him for over 25 years and have never heard him talk like that. I could tell that he was very depressed and it worried me a lot.

About 5 days ago, he told me that he only has about a month to live! I was blown away!!! That's all he said and nothing more. I haven't heard from him since. The mother of his children and longtime partner are living together. She has diabetes and had her leg amputated about 2 years ago and relies heavily on him!

I knew something had to be very wrong, especially, when he kept telling me that every scan, etc. turned up nothing. Then I would only hear from him once a week or every other week because he was in so much pain.

... his daughter said he has cancer and it has spread throughout his body. They don't expect him to live to see Christmas this year!

I'm asking for your prayers and support for him and his family. If there are any changes, I'll let you all know.

December 15 2023

QuoteI regret to tell you all this... This morning his daughter said that he passed away peacefully with her mum and his dog by his side.

Cancer can fuck right off.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

gsxbarmy

Jeez, that's absolutely terrible news - condolences to his family, a real loss.

I hate cancer, my sister underwent surgery for it last year and after being clear for about 6 months, its come right back. Her daughter had trouble giving birth last August and when they investigated post birth, found she had cancer also (still undergoing treatment post surgery, but looking good so far).

I hate cancer with a vengeance. I often wonder if those governments which worked together to find a covid cure did the same for cancer whether we may find a cure quicker

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Blubber

Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

seth

Sad news indeed .
Sending my thoughts to all family and friends .
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Daytona

Sad news,rip les.seems a lot of us are witnessing more and more of this terrible illness,.lost my brother 2 years ago ,,,went to docs with stomach pains ,2 weeks later he'd gone,.

black14

Sorry to hear that Vlad. Condolences to the family.  :sad:
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

Will14

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Thursday, 11 January  2024, 07:55 PMI hate cancer with a vengeance. I often wonder if those governments which worked together to find a covid cure did the same for cancer whether we may find a cure quicker

I feel the same Dave, took my mother prematurely although she was as fit as a fiddle and led a very healthy lifestyle. Sadly and this is my opinion, with the amount of technology and research that there is available today it surprises me that there isn't always a cure, however if there was just imagine how much the pharmaceutical Co's would not receive to develop and find that cure!! 

RIP Les, thoughts are with the family & friends 

grog

RIP Les. Cancer really sux. Both of us been thru it. My Daughter just finished months of chemo, now for a horrible op. Just not fair. Its a money maker so do they really try to find a cure. I find it difficult to think about my beautiful Daughter,so depressing.

Boa

R.I.P. Les. Thanks for your work on this forum.

Thoughts are with family & friends.
Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

BbigMmac

Condolences to all the family and friends. Cancer really sucks....

Rynglieder

I would also express my condolences and appreciation for the work done to make a bright looking and usable forum.

Sometimes we just don't consider the effort that goes on behind the scenes by people that we will probably never meet in person.

Pete.

barbastro

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk