News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Leather jacket and leather trousers zips

Started by Phill P, Tuesday, 20 December 2022, 04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phill P

Maybe a slightly strange question, do modern leather jackets use the same zip size configuration  so other makes of trousers would zip in at the back.
I'm not talking about completely around the waist as my old Frank Thomas gear did, just at the back to stop it lifting or causing a draft.

Cheers Paul

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Phill P on Tuesday, 20 December  2022, 04:38 AM
Maybe a slightly strange question, do modern leather jackets use the same zip size configuration  so other makes of trousers would zip in at the back.
I'm not talking about completely around the waist as my old Frank Thomas gear did, just at the back to stop it lifting or causing a draft.

Cheers Paul

Mine didn't, but the jacket came with both half's of the separating zip so I just got the lower half stitched into my leather jeans.  Not sure if that's normal or not.

Good question. It'd be nice if most used a common zip.

EDIT: Not so worried about a a draft etc, more so that in a slide it stops the jacket riding up and exposing the back to the bitumen.

VladTepes

Sort of.
Almost all use a YKK style zip BUT not always the same size. So don't assume they'll work.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Hooli

Aye it's a suck it n see thing, but you normally get both halves of the zip with each item of clothing so you can get those fitted to make it work.

Phill P

Cheers for the replies everyone,  something to be mindfull of in the shop, and a good point about it riding up your back in a tarmac-leather-skin encounter   :embarrassed:

Paul

Notty

Mine has zips to join jacket to trousers , sadly my body doesn't enable that to work  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

Quote from: Notty on Wednesday, 21 December  2022, 06:49 AM
Mine has zips to join jacket to trousers , sadly my body doesn't enable that to work  :bugga:

I think you must have got my pants,  or have I got your jacket?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Phill P

When I visit the shop I have to make sure it all zips together if its mix and match  :undecided:

GSXKING

The only zip together leathers I've owned were Joe Rockets 🚀 they had full circumference zips with large fittings to enable easy closure which can help when you're more portly lol 😂 I only used them on track days as they were extremely uncomfortable & raised my voice a few octaves when standing upright 😳
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Phill P

My Frank Thomas from many moons ago had the short zip at the back then a full zip all the way around, was a snug fit to be fair.
I do recall one occasion when I squated down to show someone the bike, well I didn't know if I was going to pass out or throw up if you know what I mean  :rofl2:

Phill P

Ended up buying an RST brandish jacket with some bike wear direct trousers, the trousers come with both parts of a zip so I will get in sown into the jacket. Next month I will get some Forma Adventure boots, and nearer when I get the bike a new helmet.
I'd upload pics but it's not having it at the mo.

P

Phill P

OK, update on the RST brandish jacket, zip kept failing,only wore it twice. Went back to helmet city and rst, long story short got a new jacket, not an rst as no stock in my size. This one's a Richa daytona  2 and the fluke of it is it actually zips into the trousers.20230428_144604.jpg

Phill P

Trouble uploading the 2nd pic although resized

20230428_144552.jpg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk