News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Scott wet weather gear

Started by Kiwifruit, Friday, 05 November 2021, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Decided I can't get into one piece rainsuits any more so went out looking for a two piece set up. Came home with Scott jacket and pants. Couple of weeks ago when I did the bike course it pissed with rain and the instructor had the same on. He said it was great, kept him dry. The pants come up really high and the jacket is long, they are easy to get into which is a big plus as I've found that by the time I've got a one piece suit on I'm exhausted and all I've done is sealed in a whole lot of water.
Will put some pics up later  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

Critical part of a good wet weather suit, is folded and welded seams especially in the crotch region Col  :cheers:

I've had both over the years. I much prefer pants and jacket to onsie these days.  :hat: :hat:

@Kiwifruit  :whistling:

Not that we've had a lot of opportunity, fingers crossed we get rain tomorrow, I've got all my wet weather gear in the panniers for Saturdays predicted downpour.  :notworthy: :notworthy:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

A small packet of draw string type garbage bags a great addition under seat. Over gloves and boots, works perfectly.

Del

Ive got a set of Alpinestars motocross waterproofs - top is pull over head and well bottoms are pull over legs - its got velcro at neck and is rip stop - had them for ever and only Zipwax one every few years - only issue thy have is the front pocket has a velcro flap and if you dont close it up properly you end up with a camelpak in bad rain
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Kiwifruit

Yep that's the stuff Chris thanks for putting link up. My jacket is the gay yellow colour.

Notty

Or you get this !! who would pay this much?? I have a Rukka Jacket and yes it is top quality but FFS  :bugga: :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Kiwifruit

That's a bit on the steep side Notty. Scott jacket and pants were $260 nz. They fit into a crush bag that comes with them and not too bulky....unlike myself  :facepalm:

Batkwaka

I use DriRider Vortex 2 rain gear. The jacket and pants retail for about $600 AUS and I get them supplied free by Australia Post. Not the best rain gear available but certainly value for my money.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

VladTepes

Quote from: GSXKING on Friday, 05 November  2021, 06:20 PM
https://www.scott-sports.com/au/en/product/scott-ergonomic-pro-dp-rain-jacket
@Kiwifruit how to work out size? (Given these would presumably go over existing jacket etc)

Also finding a dealer seems impossible they only list Snowbiz in Brissie which I am sure wont carry motorbike stuff.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Kiwifruit

Vlad the first question I got asked is have you got your riding gear with you...... well yes I have.
Finished up with 4XL jacket, could have got into 3XL pants but went with 4XL. Plenty of room and easy to put on, long zips at the bottom of the legs and a drawstring waist. The fabric has a bit of give in it too.
My everyday jacket and pants are both 2XL

KiwiCol

If you're a 4x Col, Fark!  I'm gonna be an 8!!
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Maybe you should get a small family tent and wear it like a burqa Col  :worshippy:

KiwiCol

Or drive the car when it's wet . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

@Kiwifruit  that'd be grand if I had someone local that sold them.

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 09 November  2021, 07:10 AM
Or drive the car when it's wet . . .
Here's some soap to wash your mouth out with !
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk