News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Helmet lock

Started by Jacob_vn, Friday, 18 June 2021, 11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob_vn

Hi

How do you use the helmet lock?
I have a Schuberth C4 pro and there is no way to lock it with the 14" helmet lock.
I have considering using some kind og helmet bag. But having trouble finding one.

Anybody have any ideeas?

Regards
Jacob

Tally

Hi @ Jacob vn. Is your chin strap a double 'D' ring or a seat belt type fastener. If it's a DD just insert your key in the lock turn counter clockwise and the hook undoes and place the d rings on. If it's the seat belt type you might have a loop on the strap, if not I don't know!!

Notty

Quote from: Tally on Saturday, 19 June  2021, 01:57 AM
Hi @ Jacob vn. Is your chin strap a double 'D' ring or a seat belt type fastener. If it's a DD just insert your key in the lock turn counter clockwise and the hook undoes and place the d rings on. If it's the seat belt type you might have a loop on the strap, if not I don't know!!
I have a Schuberth C4 pro and its seatbelt type  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Daytona

You could use a plastic coated wire rope and lock,,cycle shops do them,.

Batkwaka

Like Daytona I keep a small cable lock handy as my helmets are speed release clips without a D ring.
Normally I can stow helmets in the luggage compartments on the BMW, even handier.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

grog

VladTepes

I have a seat belt type too so cant use the bike helmet lock.  I have a top box, or if that's full the helmet comes with me.

Those wire things are only good to stop opportunistic thieves (certainly worth protecting against of course) but don't rely on them for anyone who has come prepared.

@grog I've not come across those before - might grab a set to try.

edit: Just purchased and delivery date will be "by 31 Aug"  :lol:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Still waiting Vlad? Left China 24/06/2021. Im waiting as lost last one. Slow boat i guess. 😂

VladTepes

Yeah mate, still waiting...

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

GSXKING

I don't remember ever locking a helmet to my bikes over many years, even at Philip Island  :confused1:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

DP1400

Both of our helmets have double D rings, both lock together on the bikes helmet lock, no problem. However, i'm never overly happy leaving them on the bike - one day its bound to rain or some tw4t will piss all over them. However, my wife has a more positive attitude to fellow human beings...... :facepalm:

Jeykey

You can also google "security helmet bag" and you´ll find a lot of solutions for your like. Deemed, Oxford, ...

VladTepes

Quote from: grog on Monday, 16 August  2021, 06:08 PM
Still waiting Vlad? Left China 24/06/2021. Im waiting as lost last one. Slow boat i guess. 😂

Apparently has arrived now, I'll try tonight if I remember and see if it is any good.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Mine arrived today. Works well, wouldnt be too hard to cut thru, better than just sitting lid on bike.

grog

They sent me two, anyone in Oz with non D ring that wants one, ill post for free.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk