stretching leather??

Started by gmars70970, Wednesday, 14 April 2021, 04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmars70970

Clutching at straws here and kidding myself on that i've not put weight on in the last 26yrs !! :rofl2:

But has anybody got any tips on how to stretch or supple up old leathers? I wore these when I was 21yrs old and just dug them out the loft, forever hopeful   :rofl2:

There not for wearing on the GSX1400 but for when on a track day with my old zx6r.

Will14

Jeeez, there is only one thing that I can get into now that I could 26 years ago - The Wife!!  :whistling:

On a more serious note I think you can buy a Leather softening creme, or run a hot bath/shower and leave them on a hanger & the steam helps

Hooli

Eat more pies to force them out?

gmars70970

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 14 April  2021, 05:40 AM
Eat more pies to force them out?

I've tried that option,  i think thats why im in this position 🤣

gmars70970

Quote from: Will14 on Wednesday, 14 April  2021, 05:31 AM
Jeeez, there is only one thing that I can get into now that I could 26 years ago - The Wife!!  :whistling:

On a more serious note I think you can buy a Leather softening creme, or run a hot bath/shower and leave them on a hanger & the steam helps

🤣🤣🤣 thats not a bad thing 👍

I'll try the leather softener, they just seem to be digging in at the shoulders. Probably the belly pulling the leather down.
]

Big Phil

Bought a great pair of Alpinestars Leathers off eBay earlier this year and they came up a little too tight. Tried the shower, leather cream and even hanging them up with heavy weights on the bottom of the trousers for two weeks. Made not a jot of difference 😔 so sold them on.

gmars70970

Thats not the answer i was hoping to hear 🤫

Big Phil

I know but I thought I could at least spare you the indignity and stupidity of taking a shower in a pair of leathers you can barely fit into never mind get out of when wet😂🤣😂🤣 I thought my misses was going to die laughing 😂🤣😂

gmars70970

🤣🤣 my misses would be exactly the same, but she'd probably video it & share with everybody too.

Had read someone in the US suggested the shower option then going for a 2hr bike ride in them too dry. Could you imagine trying that in Scotland 🤣🥶

Big Phil

Yeah, I got lucky there a video would of been very bad😳

Monarchjock

Quote from: gmars70970 on Wednesday, 14 April  2021, 07:05 AM
🤣🤣 my misses would be exactly the same, but she'd probably video it & share with everybody too.

Had read someone in the US suggested the shower option then going for a 2hr bike ride in them too dry. Could you imagine trying that in Scotland 🤣🥶
Well! There's your answer. Never mind the shower, just go out wearing  your leathers in our fine Scottish weather. A few rides/soaks will stretch them sufficiently.  :rofl2:

KiwiCol

I see you already have the answer to stretching leather, I was going to suggest the same thing, get them soaking wet & wear them till they're dry.  That's how we used to break in army boots we used for tramping,  as a teenager.  Get 'em sodden & walk in them till they're dry, always worked, so can't see why it wouldn't with a full (literally) suit. 
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Gmars had you considered a corset ??

Used to have the same trouble with my shrinking  wetsuits  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

gmars70970

I did say i was clutching at straws 🤣

I'll just need to borrow one of my brothers suits again, was kidding myself on i could wear this one 🙈

Hooli

Wear the suit every time you eat for a few weeks?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk