News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Tank bag

Started by Siggy79, Monday, 13 February 2017, 04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rh4000

Quote from: Noddy on Thursday, 30 March  2017, 08:10 AM
I now use a GIVI tanklock system as you can use different size bags depending on journey type all on one ring and they stand off the tank. Givi don't make a ring clamp to fit the 1400 but after trial and error of the entire stock held by BYKEBITZ of Yatley (fab guys), found the BF20 (for a Honda) will fit with a little fettling.
You will need different bolts (M5 20 & 30mm) as those in the kit won't fit. Can provide detailed advice if required.

Any more info required for this or is it just longer bolts required and a bit of cutting off the edges... For the BF20?

Thanks

VladTepes

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Thursday, 30 March  2017, 04:08 PM
I use the SW-Motech EVO tank lock system - similar to Givi, but a lot better IMO choice of different size (expandable) bags, choice of electrified or not (for charging phones etc), don't touch the tank and easily attached /removed (plus you can fit an optional locking system to it). I have 2 different sized bags, one fitting to suit needs.

Does anyone in Australia use SW-Motech tank bags and if so where did you purchase them from please?

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Irish in Oz

Main agent, Motorad Garage, 53 Parramatta Road, Lidcombe, Sydney.

Jacob_vn

Maybe a stupid question......

But can you see the speedometer etc when a tankbag is installed?

Regards. Jacob

mlivkovich

I am 202 cm tall, I can see my front tyre while riding  :facepalm: :cheers:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk